Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Model Railroading > Question,,Wiring Athearn 1.5 Volt bulbs to a Tsunami2 PSP Decoder

Date: 10/19/21 11:35
Question,,Wiring Athearn 1.5 Volt bulbs to a Tsunami2 PSP Decoder
Author: CT97

For the life of me,,cannot find a photo,,and I`m not the best at dechiphering Wiring Diagrams.
I know one must add a resistor to the bulbs,which I have a pack of 1/4W 560Ohm Resistors,,,but after that,,what goes to what? 

I have a few units I want to do,,and have a successful Sound Install to a RTR SP Patched UP6210 but want to install Front,Rear,and Ditchlights (Which could option Flash) 

Any help,,or correct website steering is greatly appreciated.
Tsunami 2 board is a TSU PNP8..
Thank you
CT97,,Phil

Date: 10/19/21 13:55
Re: Question,,Wiring Athearn 1.5 Volt bulbs to a Tsunami2 PSP Dec
Author: bnsfmodeler

Hello,

You do not need resistors if you use the 1.5 tab see Pic red arrow.

Dave

Date: 10/19/21 19:52
Author: railstiesballast

I have used some Athearn 1.5 volt bulbs for buildings and they seem to last a long time.
But wired into decoders in general, including some using that 1.5 volt common, they don't seem to last long.
I won't wire any more of them into locomotives.  Pre-wired 402 or 603 surface mount LEDs are down to about 20 cents each now IIRC and I am happy with them.

Date: 10/20/21 11:14
Author: ATSFSuperCap

I have also had issues with how long the factory ATH bulbs last.    I have some locos with many hours on them and are fine, but most bulbs fail within 10 hours or so of running.   If you like the look of a bulb more than an LED, and I do prefer bulbs, at least for older power then you should get the Miniatronics 1.5v blubs, they are stated to last on average like 10,000 hours.    I have not had one of them burn out.   OH, and the Miniatronics bulbs are brighter than the ATH ones.    All of this is why ATH switched to LED's.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0325 seconds