Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Model Railroading > Rare parts for a Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0

Date: 11/27/21 09:14
Rare parts for a Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0
Author: djansson

I recently picked up a G scale Spectrum "EUREKA" 4-4-0 at an auction that had seen some use and needed repairs. Its OK now but there are two small pieces missing from the front smokebox: the lower hinge eyelet on the loco and the small number (4) plate on the door itself.

No spare parts for this are available anywhere online, so I'm posting this in case someone has salvaged or parted out one of these engines.

Please reply by private mail if you can help.

Thanks in advance...

Date: 11/27/21 14:46
Re: Rare parts for a Bachmann Spectrum 4-4-0
Author: J.Ferris

djansson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recently picked up a G scale Spectrum "EUREKA"
> 4-4-0 at an auction that had seen some use and
> needed repairs. Its OK now but there are two small
> pieces missing from the front smokebox: the lower
> hinge eyelet on the loco and the small number (4)
> plate on the door itself.
>
> No spare parts for this are available anywhere
> online, so I'm posting this in case someone has
> salvaged or parted out one of these engines.
>
> Please reply by private mail if you can help.
>
> Thanks in advance...

dj,

And you have tried Bachmanntrains.com Parts and Service? Most places (i.e. local hobby shops) can not get parts from Bachmann. You have to get them direct or send the loco back to Bachmann for repair or replacement.

J.

Date: 11/29/21 12:45

First placeI tried. If I can get a good picture of the front number plate I can make up a replacement?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/29/21 14:01
Author: TomG

I used to have a Bachmann 4-6-0 a combine and several coaches on a matle as a display. When we moved a couple years ago i went to box them up and silly me lifted the engine buy one of the domes. Yep the dome came off and it hit the ground. Now I have a parts source. Im pretty sure they use the same parts. When Im home next week Ill look and see if i can find the box.

Date: 11/29/21 19:30

This is a different engine. The Spectrum 4-4-0 is modeled after the Eureka & Palisades #4 and the plate / medallion on the front smokebox door is an accurate replica of the real one.
A casting by the loco mfg. with the number 4 surrounded by the mfg name. A thing of beauty!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds