Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Model Railroading > KaDee HO sprung trucks

Date: 01/09/22 12:05
KaDee HO sprung trucks
Author: fbe

Is it possible to apply a small amount of thin ACC adhesive to the bottom of springs where they rest in the bottom of the truck sidetrames?  This would be to prevent the springs from flying out as the bolster is twisted to add wheel sets. I think a common sewing pin would be a good applicator for a small spot of acc.

Thanks.

Date: 01/09/22 12:09
Re: KaDee HO sprung trucks
Author: grahamline

For that purpose, I use canopy cement, which is a bit more flexible than CA.  I apply a drop with the tip of a toothpick and spend far less time trying to find and re-insert truck springs.

Date: 01/09/22 12:19
Author: fbe

You apply the canopy glue to a fully assembled KD truck? 
Thanks.

Date: 01/09/22 13:37
Author: Westbound

This is a great idea! I am going to try it one end of the tiny spring used on Kadee couplers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/22 13:38 by Westbound.

Date: 01/09/22 16:14
Author: BAB

Westbound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a great idea! I am going to try it one end
> of the tiny spring used on Kadee couplers

Never had any of those fly out after install trucks are another thing. Also its kind of tight and think that the knuckle might get some on it. In 1.5" scale trucks they do on some without pockets for them to sit in. I would think just a little instant stuff on the end of small wire would work thats what I use to install things..

Date: 01/10/22 09:39
Author: OnTheSiding

If you go the glue route, I would use canopy glue.  I use Evergreen brand.   Good stuff.  Will bond any type of plastic.   I even used it to bond my wheel mask kits, which I believe are acrylic.  Let it sit overnight and it bonds like a rock.

Another option is to go the Kadee HGC route.  Kadee now has "high gravity compound" versions of their trucks.  They are plastic, look nice, operate smoothly, and take weathering well.  And I have found no excess junk or "flash" anywhere on these trucks, and thus no wasted time in scraping or sanding with these.  I have seen flash on the trucks of more expensive models, though.  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/22 09:40 by OnTheSiding.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds