Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > Bowser SP&S (BN) RS3 Running Yesterday at CMRS Crockett Layout

Date: 05/04/22 08:20
Bowser SP&S (BN) RS3 Running Yesterday at CMRS Crockett Layout
Author: FiveChime

Always new enhanced scenery details to be seen on the CMRS Crockett, Calif. Layout .

Date: 05/04/22 08:25
Re: Bowser SP&S (BN) RS3 Running Yesterday at CMRS Crockett Layou
Author: FiveChime

I'm impressed with my new Bowser RS3. Great prime mover and Nathan P3 horn sound and good pulling power. 
Only took 5 years to become available after announcement!
Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 05/04/22 08:40
Author: SPDRGWfan

Thumbs up!  Bowser really seems to be coming into their own with diesels!

Date: 05/04/22 10:26
Author: TomG

I think so to Jim. I have 2 SP&S C636s that survived the fire and are really nice looking units.
Fantastic shots an a wonderful looking club layout. Your lucky to have a great club close by.

Date: 05/04/22 10:59
Author: fbe

I went west to chase C636 locomotives in BN Cascade colors and made a couple of nice chases.  When the models came out I ordered a trio of SP&S units.  They look really nice in Free-Mo service so I bought a pair of the Bowser SP&S RS3 units to mix with the C-636 consist.

Now I need to find a nice steel red SP&S caboose to compete the train instead of the NP hacks I use now.

Date: 05/04/22 15:30
Author: NPEDDIE

My suggestion for an SPS steel caboose is find a model of a NP 1000 series caboose and paint it SPS bright red. The Northern Pacific (Brainerd MN) built two batches of cabooses for the SPS in 1951 and 1954.  SPS 860-71 were the 1951 cars and SPS 880-91 were built in 1954.

Ed Burns
Retired NP BN BNSF from Northtown, Minneapolis.

Date: 05/04/22 15:45
Author: Copy19

Wow Jim.  That's a beautiful model railroad.   Nice post.

JB - Omaha

Date: 05/05/22 15:13
Author: wpdude

Very pleased with mine, I agree Bowser is doing a good job! And if you call them (remember telephones?) they actually answer the phone!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/22 15:15 by wpdude.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds