Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Model Railroading > HO Scale RBBB Blue Unit Circus Train on freelance RR lines

Date: 05/18/22 10:26
HO Scale RBBB Blue Unit Circus Train on freelance RR lines
Author: rbx551985

While we now see the amazing work by at least one modeler of the RED UNIT Circus Train, here's a series of images taken of John Rezuke's model of the sister train, the BLUE UNIT, shown behind freelance power.  Rezuke, and CB&W club member Logan Dahir, took these images a couple of weeks ago at the Chesapeake Bay & Western (CB&W) club layout in Grafton, Virginia, just northwest of the Hampton Roads area of the state, while on a long trip from his home in Massachusetts.  His train depicts the final decade of the show (which had 61 cars until May 2016 when the 4 animal cars were removed).  If the show had not shut down in May 2017, the 2022 tour would have been the show's 152nd Edition, so that's how Rezuke describes these train-runs as of this year/season.

The first 3 images show the 32-car model Circus Train behind Virginia & Atlantic (V&A) Railway power, with locomotives modeled by Richmond, Virginia's CSX engineer Scott Nelson.

(1) Road power brings train to the interchange.
(2) New crew with new power takes over.
(3) Rail yard full of V&A and CLE trains waits for the long Circus consist to be doubled out, with inbound V&A power reassigned to a time freight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/22 10:34 by rbx551985.

Date: 05/18/22 10:31
Re: HO Scale RBBB Blue Unit Circus Train on freelance RR lines

Going on, a CB&W switch engine begins making the Circus Train ready for the INTERCHANGE to CB&W Railroad's trip in a different direction, requiring resorting the consist.

(4) and (5) IN THE YARD.
(6) On the road again after the interchange, with CB&W motive power.

Date: 05/18/22 10:32

Later, during the run:

Date: 05/18/22 13:11
Author: train544

Hi 
Great modelin of the circus train and layout
Tom Boylan

Date: 05/18/22 13:29
Author: MC6853

Very impressive! All around some really stunning modeling going on there...

Date: 05/18/22 15:22
Author: Topfuel

Man, that is some very, very impressive modeling of the circus train, especially considering that none of those cars are commercially available and had to be scratch built.

Heard today that the RBB&B circus is starting up again, but as a "people only" version, so the animal rights wack-jobs shouldn't have anything negative to say about it.  

Date: 05/18/22 17:19
Author: BuddPullman

Excellent job!!

Date: 05/18/22 21:33
Author: needles_sub

John's train was my inspiration to finally get started on my Red Unit train. Perhaps, after I complete much more of my train, both the Blue Unit and Red Unit will meet and pass each other yet again. John did excellent job on his Blue Unit train and he has been a great help answering my question's.

Date: 05/19/22 04:39
Author: SPDRGWfan

That I look forward to!

Date: 05/19/22 08:52
Author: SOU3921

That is really impressive work!  I bet that is a heavy train to get them all to run together.  Well done!
Cooper

Date: 05/22/22 18:54
Author: tomstp

Impressive.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds