Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas HO scale Lucky beer pines trailer

Date: 06/19/22 12:27
Atlas HO scale Lucky beer pines trailer
Author: inyosub

This trailer is listed on the Atlas web site and on line stores. But it only shows out of stock. Also none on E-bay.
I can't get a straight answer if these have been made and are sold out: or if Atlas has them in Limbo.
Has anyone bought one or ever seem one? I'd like to get one but it's a phantom. I have the tractor coming.
150-20006312=16px  Lucky   logo Pines Trailer
https://www.walthers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/944635636b347bd2be13fbc42a882726/4/5/45_pines_trailer_assembled_150-20006312_big.jpg

Date: 06/19/22 13:14
Re: Atlas HO scale Lucky beer pines trailer
Author: northridgeswitcher

It appears from the Atlas web-site that they were due in the 2nd qtr of 2022 however they have not left (nor is there a date) China yet.    They are sold out at Altas but not at some distributors and dealers.  As you are probably aware many dealers do not list them as available until they arrive and they had filled their pre-orders and then if they have any left for sale they list them on their sites.   They also would not be on eBay until the eBay seller has them to ship. 

From experience I would call someone like Lombard Hobbies (who tends to order some above their pre-order numbers) or another large mail order dealer and see if they can help you.  I have had good luck getting things from Lombard after arrival of the actual product if I missed the pre-order deadline.  (disclaimer I don't work there or have any affiliation with them).

Take care, be safe.

Northridge Switcher  

Date: 06/19/22 14:09
Author: icancmp193

Walthers shows all except "Old Milwaukee" to have "Sold Out". Old Milwaukee shows it can be advanced reserved.

TJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 14:10 by icancmp193.

Date: 06/19/22 14:36
Author: SPDRGWfan

Some of Atlas Pines 45' trailers that have been offered are "fantasy schemes" if that matters.  From an article in one of the trains magazines, I recall the prototypes the Atlas Pines trailers were introduced around 1992 or 1993 (from memory) so schemes that date from prior to then may be foobies?

Date: 06/19/22 15:09
Author: toledopatch

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of Atlas Pines 45' trailers that have been
> offered are "fantasy schemes" if that matters. 
> From an article in one of the trains magazines, I
> recall the prototypes the Atlas Pines trailers
> were introduced around 1992 or 1993 (from memory)
> so schemes that date from prior to then may be
> foobies?

Hm. I've been buying the Atlas Pines trailers in railroad names on the grounds that a new model of 45' trailer wouldn't have been introduced that late. That said, I'll probably live with them even if they're foobies.

Date: 06/19/22 15:40

toledopatch Wrote:
> Hm. I've been buying the Atlas Pines trailers in
> railroad names on the grounds that a new model of
> 45' trailer wouldn't have been introduced that
> late. That said, I'll probably live with them even
> if they're foobies.

Some of the Atlas Pines match real trailers, and some don't.  I bought some back when they first came out, but my modeling period pushed into the early 1990's so I bought some for piggy back trains.  But I backdated about ten years to no longer include the 1990's so I sold the Atlas pines trailers.

Date: 06/19/22 16:24
Author: toledopatch

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
> toledopatch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Hm. I've been buying the Atlas Pines trailers
> in
> > railroad names on the grounds that a new model
> of
> > 45' trailer wouldn't have been introduced that
> > late. That said, I'll probably live with them
> even
> > if they're foobies.
>
> Some of the Atlas Pines match real trailers, and
> some don't.  I bought some back when they first
> came out, but my modeling period pushed into the
> early 1990's so I bought some for piggy back
> trains.  But I backdated about ten years to no
> longer include the 1990's so I sold the Atlas
> pines trailers.

My target year is 1990, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to bother to backdate intermodal equipment with the TTX "speed logo," which was introduced late in that year or early in 1991.

Date: 06/19/22 17:56

My recollection is the ttx speed logo came into use mid-1991. I had a number of ttx logo tofc flatcars so when I backdated to pre-1991, I sold all ttx logo rolling stock. But everyone chooses what works for them.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/21/22 08:33
Author: inyosub

Thanks to those who replied. Especially NorthridgeSwitcher.  What I get from the answers is that
these have not made it out yet, Which means I have a chance to snag one on Ebay. Part of my
process was to try and order from my dealer and he'd said just "unavailable"  I did my due diligence
before I asked here; it wasn't random, it was after over a month of searching and queries; including Atlas
(who didn't respond) I may also ask at Lombards as I do have an account there. (hadda snag some of the
custom run of Arrowhead gons)
But the fact no one said "Oh, I have one of those" makes me think they have not made it to shelves. Thanks again.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds