Home Open Account Help 307 users online

Model Railroading > Spotting Covered Hoppers

Date: 07/23/22 09:23
Spotting Covered Hoppers
Author: Jimmies

The track in front of the former railway express building doesn't see much activity anymore, and is mostly used for storage.  But every once in a while, a covered hopper or two might be brought in to be loaded with fly ash, or some such material, making use of the mobile loading conveyor.  Here we see a one-time CN switcher shoving a pair of PS covered hoppers into position.

Jim
https://jssxrailway.blogspot.com

Date: 07/23/22 09:50
Re: Spotting Covered Hoppers
Author: ghemr

Your skills as an artist and model railroader are very apparent within these three photos! Indeed, excellent workmanship!

Date: 07/23/22 10:50
Author: ChrisCampi

That's a fantastic scene Jim.

Date: 07/23/22 11:30
Author: DynamicBrake

Great looking trio Jim.  That covered hopper is off the chart!  Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley

Date: 07/23/22 11:47
Author: inyosub

Super nice photos, all the coloring is right on. All the cool weathering and dustines.
 I have a thing for under car augers. Of course you have one flipped around to load cars.
another great use and choice. And a good looking older one to boot. Most excellent.

Date: 07/24/22 03:35
Author: lne655

Very nicely done, great art in those scenes.

Date: 07/26/22 17:57
Author: Jimmies

Thanks again to all for all the comments.  Inyosub remarked on my loading conveyor that I scratchbuilt a couple of years ago, so I thought I'd add a photo of one that is found here in Sarnia (Ontario, up here in Canada) and a better shot of mine when it was still on the workbench.

Jim
https://jssxrailway.blogspot.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds