Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > Very positive Athearn parts experience

Date: 07/24/22 08:51
Very positive Athearn parts experience
Author: sp8234

On 7/19/2022 I received 2 of the latest SD40 releases in Southern Pacific.  A SD40R & SD40M-2 & both are very nice models except for SD40M-2 8627 which was missing a # board. 
Early Monday morning I sent an Email to Athearn parts explaining what I had found. There was a reply from them early afternoon that I did not get until Tuesday morning asking for my address & I gave it to them & the # board came yesterday 7/23/2022. 
In the 6 or 7 times I have dealt with Athearn all issues have been done in a reasonable time frame all though I hear a lot of people not getting responses & criticizing them on public forums. 
Big thumbs up on this. 

Tim
Hanesworth

Date: 07/24/22 10:29
Re: Very positive Athearn parts experience
Author: ATSFSuperCap

My experience with Athearn on parts is the same.    Not just asking for repairs or missing parts under warranty like you but also asking to buy parts and parts that are not listed on their site as long as I have a part number.   The worst times have been when they are waiting on parts from China and then I have to wait maybe for a month or more but they still come through.   My dealings with Bowser and Scale Trains are similar, very positive.

Richard H.

Date: 07/24/22 21:07
Author: bnsfmodeler

I Had a problem with 2 of the 6 Dash 9 I bought, Emailed for the broken parts no reponce I even saild I will do the repair.  It was not until I got Lombard hobbies involved that I got the parts. On June 11 I emailed the manager that helped me again I got no reponce
Hello Dave Poole Service Center Mrg, Thanks for the support you gave me with my Dash 9s I was wondering if  you can help me withe my ATHG63988 Santa Fe SDP40F it looks like me are someone lifted from the rear grills so they are pushed in a I can not get them to push out all the way. I believe for the model I have it is part # G63837.02 I would like to purchase 2 sets and two sets of G63822.02 as I have 8 of these in different versions just in case it happens again. Thanks again David

So I do not know want kind of Koolid your drinking

I do not mean to be rude but ever since they got ride of silvia I she was a 20 to 30 year employee and knew everything. Athearn service will never be the same. And it is not just me everyone knows it.

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/22 21:16 by bnsfmodeler.

Date: 07/25/22 10:28
Author: CITCO

Now if they can get their delivery dates updated instead of just letting them pass by.  I am unimpressed with Athearn as of late but happy the parts department is back up to good standing.

Date: 07/25/22 11:37
Author: SPDRGWfan

CITCO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now if they can get their delivery dates updated
> instead of just letting them pass by.  I am
> unimpressed with Athearn as of late but happy the
> parts department is back up to good standing.

A number of things including the Pandemic, and the Chinese factories opening and closing etc. are factors that are hard to control.  

Date: 07/25/22 12:40
Author: CITCO

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CITCO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Now if they can get their delivery dates
> updated
> > instead of just letting them pass by.  I am
> > unimpressed with Athearn as of late but happy
> the
> > parts department is back up to good standing.
>
> A number of things including the Pandemic, and the
> Chinese factories opening and closing etc. are
> factors that are hard to control.  

I understand that all too well, but at the same time having delivery dates that are never updated and just switch to TBD well after the delivery date is also not helpful.

Date: 07/25/22 20:04
Author: JDLX

Reporters interviewing retailers over the last year or two have almost universally heard they have no idea when any specific product they have on order might show up, the general rule is much later than expected and usually well after it’s needed. Athearn could probably do a better messaging job but it’s kind of hard to give meaningful information when they don’t know when things might arrive.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0526 seconds