Home Open Account Help 402 users online

Model Railroading > Jack Parker’s NP layout

Date: 07/28/22 15:29
Jack Parker’s NP layout
Author: dmaffei

Believe I shot these during the SP conversion in SLO 2009. I was able to meet him before he passed and we shared the same passion for trains and old Chevrolet mussel cars. In case you didn't know, Jack started Central Valley. His layout was another amazing work. Does anyone know how the layout is currently? Thanks 
Found this nice link
https://cvmw.com/imagecvmw/color_photos/index.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/22 16:10 by dmaffei.

Date: 07/28/22 16:04
Re: Jack Parker’s NP layout
Author: wabash2800

I thought I heard that his son took over the business but don't know if anything was said about the layout.

Victor B.

Date: 07/28/22 16:11
Author: dmaffei

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I thought I heard that his son took over the

Victor
yes, was jus reading about his son Jeff taking over Central Valley. 

Date: 07/28/22 16:46
Author: wabash2800

Don:

If no one here knows, perhaps you can contact CV through the contact link?

Victor

Date: 07/28/22 17:26
Author: NiagaraMike

Great looking layout!

Date: 07/28/22 18:05
Author: Streamliner

Jack was an early customer of mine when I first bought my store, then called Allied Models.  As I recall, Jack did not start Central Valley, he bought it and then relocated up north, somewhere in the central coastal area of California.  Jack had a silver, 1957 Corvette with the solid lifter 270hp 283 engine.  I tried to talk him out of it, but he always just laughed.  Whenever he came into my store, he always looked like he had just crawled out from under a car.  Always work clothes, always doing something.  A very nice guy.

Date: 07/28/22 20:53
Author: ATSFSuperCap

I am a friend of Jack and now Jeff Parker.   The layout is fully intact and functional.    The expansion for Livingston has stalled at around 1/2 built.    Jeff is busy keeping up with the Central Valley line specializing in bridges for HO scale and N scale.  My layout in SLO has his bridges including some that I custom modified along with lots of his tie strips.    My son on law Tim and I are currently working on scenery.   My layout is loosly based on ATSF Western New Mexico with areas of red sandstone cliffs and areas of lava flows.   Tim is currently working on a lava flow with a cinder cone.    Once things are presentable I will post some pics, but that is months away.

Richard Harris.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0392 seconds