Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Model Railroading > 1st run Atlas FM H24-66 with DCC & Sound; how many still running?

Date: 08/02/22 20:52
1st run Atlas FM H24-66 with DCC & Sound; how many still running?
Author: DocJohn

I had CNJ 2403 ordered within minutes of seeing the original advertisement back in 2004.  I ordered a second one (2413) as soon as additional road numbers came out.  I haad taken B&W photos of both in August 1958 when on a family vacation to Point Pleasant, NJ.

Both of my units are still running fine.  Has anyone added a stay-alive capacitor and/or upgraded the decoder.

Has anyone modeled the CNJ passenger cars that were in use in 1958?

John

Date: 08/02/22 21:33
Re: 1st run Atlas FM H24-66 with DCC & Sound; how many still runn
Author: CPR_4000

Bethlehem Car Works has done the RDG/CNJ suburban coaches and combines in HO scale in both the arch and clerestory roof versions. Plus CNJ/RDG head end cars.

Date: 08/03/22 12:59
Author: King_Coal

The Bethlehem Car Works cars are not hard to build and would be a good start for your CNJ passenger train. I'm no expert on CNJ equipment, but seems like many of the mid-sixties and earlier coaches would be similar to the PBm class coach in photo 2. They are modestly priced.

The BE class baggage in photo one is also available and seemed to be a common sight in CNJ books I have.

You will need to find trucks for them. Walthers has trucks available but require a special mounting.  The cars shown were also available RTR from Intermountain years back. You might be able to find them if you search.

Bob

Date: 08/03/22 17:56
Author: RailThunder

Check Shapeways for Walthers Passenger Car truck mounts.  They make the job much easier for a lot of things.

Date: 08/04/22 06:52
Author: towazy

RailThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check Shapeways for Walthers Passenger Car truck
> mounts.  They make the job much easier for a lot
> of things.

Could you post a link or part number?  I can't find them on the Shapeways site.  Thanks

Tom

Date: 08/04/22 10:33
Author: BlackWidow

My CNJ 2408 is still running and runs well.  I have not upgraded anything in it.  My records show it was purchased December 31, 2004 for $189.99 plus tax and shipping.

Date: 08/05/22 10:24
Author: Clarence

My Gold standard CNJ 2410 runs well and has the original equipment. I bought it when it was first announced.
Clarence

Date: 08/05/22 10:41
Author: DocJohn

Thank you very much for all your replies.  There were far more than expected.
I did not see any reply concerning replacement of the original QSI decoder and/or upgrades.
Again, has anyone added a stay-alive capacitor?

Fourteen years after I took the Point Pleasant pictures, I was living in Raritan Borough, NJ, and had the CNJ yard and station within walking distance

Anyone have pictures of the CNJ FM H24-66 at Raritan?

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds