Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Model Railroading > ESU Loksound V5 shut off ditch light flash

Date: 09/14/22 11:35
ESU Loksound V5 shut off ditch light flash
Author: NYCStL776

I am hopeless at reading ESU’s CV tables so hopefully someone will know, what CV shuts off the alternating flash for the ditch lights? Thanks in advance

Date: 09/14/22 11:48
Re: ESU Loksound V5 shut off ditch light flash
Author: dh1205

Try setting these CVs,

CV31 = 16
CV32 = 8
CV309 = 0

Date: 09/14/22 14:30
Author: audiom

do you have a loksound programer, would  be very simple under, function outputs, aux1 and aux2 uncheck alternate phase and uncheck grade crossing. i think cv 31, cv32 are sound cvs.

Date: 09/14/22 15:19
Author: TCnR

You can download the ESU programming software whether you have the ESU Programmer or not and use the menu selection to show a list of CV's and data values for a particular function. Then use your favorite method of loading the CV's.

Having been through that it's pain in the caboose, much easier to use something like JMRI Decoder Pro and a USB to DCC bus converter with an old Laptop. Or the formal ESU programmer at twice the price but very useful for loading sound files. Hope that helps.

+ It's shown on a YT video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYZIOXiR2s

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/22 11:25 by TCnR.

Date: 09/14/22 15:28
Author: mcdeo

If using ESU decoders, software is very easy with using their decoder device. It also comes in handy to test decoders before installing them in a locomotive. Has saved me more headaches than I care to mention and I don’t have to know any CV values.

Posted from iPhone

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 09/14/22 21:11
Author: KA7008

Make sure you're choosing "ditch light type 1"
I think "type 2" is always flashing.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0275 seconds