Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Model Railroading > Digitrax UR92 loosing comms with DT402D throttle

Date: 12/01/22 10:40
Digitrax UR92 loosing comms with DT402D throttle
Author: ATSFSuperCap

I have had this pair since new.    For years it worked perfectly.    Then one day the throttle lost communications with the UR92, white light flashing on top.   It would only reset by unplugging the power to the UR92 but would shortly fail again.   I sent this stuff to Digitrax and they uploaded the current software but it still would not work.    They even replaced the UR92 but still it fails.    I borrowed a freinds UR93 and it would not pair up with my DT402D until he uploaded new software.    I used that pair for over a year with no issues until he needed it back.    After getting a bunch of scenery done I bought a new UR93 a few months ago, well this new one will not pair up with my 402D throttle and for the moment I cannot have my friend upload new software.   I did borrow a new 602D throttle and it paired up with my UR93, but that new style throttle is garbage, I cannot understand how Digitrax thinks that thing is a good idea.    As an aside, I also have an older DT400R and UR91, they work perfectly.

Here are my questions.   First does anyone know a trick to get the UR92 to stop interrupting comms with the 402D throttle?   Second short of uploading new software is there any proceedure to get my UR93 to pair up to the 402D throttle.

Also as a note I have installed NCE "snubbers" at each end of each power block.    They help but only delay the UR92 giving up.

Richard Harris.

Date: 12/01/22 11:16
Re: Digitrax UR92 loosing comms with DT402D throttle
Author: BlackWidow

My UR92 is constantly losing communication with my DT402D.  You mentioned recycling the power on the UR92, but have you done the factory reset procedure?  When I lose connectivity with the UR92, I do the factory reset and it brings it back every time.  Sometimes I have to do this twice in a week, other times it can go months.  Not sure what causes it, but like most things, I figure it might be related to short circuits.  Those can call all kinds of havoc.  I have been considering buying a UR93 to replace it, but haven't done so yet.  My UR92 is probably about 20 years old, so I wonder if something is failing.

Date: 12/01/22 17:54
Author: BlackWidow

Here is the UR92 reset procedure.  Works every time for me.  Just wish I did not have to do it so much!

Date: 12/01/22 21:40
Author: PHall

Gee, it acts just like the PTC does!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0293 seconds