Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Model Railroading > Plano EMD door latches

Date: 01/19/23 11:35
Plano EMD door latches
Author: CPR_4000

Has anybody applied the Plano etched EMD door latches to an HO model? Wondering about how far they stand off from the doors. Does one piece nest inside the other? A photo would be helpful. Thanks!

Date: 01/19/23 12:33
Re: Plano EMD door latches
Author: sixaxlecentury

They look good, but unfortunately, they stand out way too far when applied. Archer made EMD latch decals that looked much, much better, but unfortunately they recently closed. Glad I stocked up on them.

Date: 01/19/23 13:13

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Guess I could carve out little divots so they sit lower. Not many other options since Archer folded. Saw some on Shapeways, might investigate that.

I see Precision Scale made them in plastic. Might be able to sand them thin?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/23 13:17 by CPR_4000.

Date: 01/19/23 14:25
Author: PHall

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anybody applied the Plano etched EMD door
> latches to an HO model? Wondering about how far
> they stand off from the doors. Does one piece nest
> inside the other? A photo would be helpful.
> Thanks!

Have you looked at the picture on their website of the latches? One piece does nest inside the other.

Date: 01/19/23 14:52

PHall Wrote:

> Have you looked at the picture on their website of the latches? One piece does nest inside the other.

Yes, but it wasn't until today that I found that image, which is large enough to see that.

Date: 01/19/23 17:01
Author: wabash2800

Yes, it's too bad about Archer. Since Micro-Mark makes decal rivets, perhaps it can make other decal surface items too?

Victor Baird

Date: 01/19/23 18:41
Author: tracktime

-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, it's too bad about Archer. Since Micro-Mark
> makes decal rivets, perhaps it can make other
> decal surface items too?
>

In comparisons I have seen, the Archer products were vastly superior and addressed a wider range of needs than the MM clones.  So sad.

Date: 01/19/23 18:53
Author: wabash2800

Well, based on the different sizes of rivet decals  I've used from both sources, they seemed comparable. But yes, Archer had a lot more kinds of surface details.

Victor Baird

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/23 19:55 by wabash2800.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds