Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido Manor sleeping car issue

Date: 01/24/23 07:05
Rapido Manor sleeping car issue
Author: santafedan

I am having trouble finding a solution for a truck issue.  The B&M layout I built for Walt is not having problems with the track, as all other cars are doing fine.
This car has a "hang up" with the trucks. The wheels are in gauge.  They are square with the track . (level) On a flat surface the flanges all touch evenly.
I notice the electrical pick up wires are tight. They want to "center" the truck. This might be a part of the problem.
However, there is a "catch" on something I can not see.  With the trucks (still on the car) moving them left and right there is a catch.  I can not find it. There is no extraneous pieces hanging down anywhere.
Suggestions? 

Date: 01/24/23 17:07
Re: Rapido Manor sleeping car issue
Author: cvrrr

Are the flanges coming in contact with the body of the car? Or are the axles coming in contact with the frame of the car? I have had both issues. Good luck.

cvrrr

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/24/23 17:19
Author: sawdust

I had this issue too.  I had to insert a washer between the trucks and bolster... Well actually slip in more of a C shaped washer than an O shaped washer as I couldn't lift the trucks high enough to clear the post.

I should also note that the couplers we're low as well.  

I think I needed about 0.020" thick "C" Spacer

These a body detail that interferes with a truck detail, either a break cylinder or vibration snubber.

Kirk

Date: 01/24/23 17:25
Author: TomG

Is it the disk brake rotor hitting? Great detail but something else to hang up.

Date: 01/24/23 19:06
Author: johnsweetser

sawdust Wrote:

> These a body detail that interferes with a truck detail ...

The beginning of the above sentence makes no sense.

Date: 01/25/23 05:52
Author: santafedan

The car is at his house just now.  I do not believe the flanges are touching.  I thought that was the issue at first.
cvrrr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are the flanges coming in contact with the body of
> the car? Or are the axles coming in contact with
> the frame of the car? I have had both issues. Good
> luck.
>
> cvrrr
>
> Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds