Home Open Account Help 212 users online

Model Railroading > Cannon fans!?!?

Date: 01/26/23 22:48
Cannon fans!?!?
Author: CPR_4000

Was ordering detail parts tonight on the Walthers website. They claim to be expecting Cannon EMD fans in March. I ordered a few sets, now let's see if they actually materialize.

Date: 01/27/23 02:52
Re: Cannon fans!?!?
Author: BNModeler

I gave up on fans from Cannon and went to precision Scale.
Not as well done but they were available

Date: 01/27/23 08:37
Author: FollowTheFlag

The 48" dynamic fans have been shipped (191-1851/1852/1853). 

It looks like the upper fan rings are from the new/repaired tooling and are shot in the lighter grey C&Co has been using for the last couple of years. 

There has been a price increase to $13.50/package. 

Date: 01/27/23 09:32
Author: ATSFSuperCap

OR,  you can order direct from Cannon.    That is how I do it.    Same for Details West,  Hi-Tech, Accurail, and of course PLANO you have to.   I have even ordered parts direct from Athearn.   Going through Walthers is a waste of time as they do not stock anything,  they wait till they have enough orders to order from the manufacturer, so you wait for that to happen, then you wait for the parts to get to WAL, then you wait for WAL to ship them and then you wait for the shippment.    The manufacturers have website orders which you can do any time and they will ship the next day.     Some times the manufacturer site will also state if a given item is not in stock and even why.       Richard.

Date: 01/27/23 12:06
Author: dh30973

FollowTheFlag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 48" dynamic fans have been shipped
> (191-1851/1852/1853). 
>
> It looks like the upper fan rings are from the
> new/repaired tooling and are shot in the lighter
> grey C&Co has been using for the last couple of
> years. 
>
> There has been a price increase to
> $13.50/package. 
>

As noted I shipped an order to Walthers last week and received a follow up order that will go out next week plus some that I shorted from their order. Once I have enough parts on hand I'll turn the shopping cart back on. These rings (good for both Dynamic and Radiator kits) are made from an expensive new mold hence the need for a price increase. 
The Radiator fans are still a work in process, and will be available once a part sticking issue is solved. 

Dave Hussey
Cannon and Company 

Date: 01/27/23 16:39
Author: BNModeler

Hey Dave
THANKS!!!!!!!

Date: 01/28/23 05:57
Author: CPR_4000

ATSFSuperCap Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Going through Walthers is a waste of time as they do not stock anything.... The manufacturers have website
> orders which you can do any time and they will ship the next day. 

True, but since I was ordering material from six manufacturers, the total shipping charge was $12.95 as compared to paying $5-$10 shipping six times.

Date: 01/28/23 20:55
Author: tracktime

This is WONDERFUL News!! Thanks so much for persevering with this.  I and so many others greatly appreciate your efforts to bring these back on the market.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 01/28/23 21:04
Author: PHall

Thanks Dave!!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds