Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Model Railroading > Trains running on the walk around visit

Date: 01/27/23 17:55
Trains running on the walk around visit
Author: santafedan

Here are two trains running tonight.  The 31 car reefer is headed back to the west coast.  I always wanted to have a long string of reefers.
There is a Santa Fe modelers meet in March here in Indiana.  These are the two that I will have ruining. Never too early to be sure they will run well.
All locos are powered.  There are two entrances to the lower level run through with 3.5% grades.  This simulates Raton Pass.  They are hidden via the tunnel in the first scene and the other is on the opposite side of the layout.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/27/23 20:29
Re: Trains running on the walk around visit
Author: BlaineM

That was nice.  Now I can go to bed and dream.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 01/28/23 07:49
Author: atsf121

That was fun, loved the passenger train.

Date: 01/30/23 06:35
Author: jdw3460

Beautiful layout....and especially beautiful El Capitan and reefer train.  Those Santa Fe trains stood out among everything else in the country in the "good ol' days" of my era.  I rode the pre-highlevel El Cap from Williams, AZ to Newton, KS in about 1956 and clocked her at 106 somewhere around Las Vegas, NM.  I noticed that my coffee cup was doing strange vibrations in the diner and when I saw how fast the poles were flying by, I decided I'd better clock her.   I still run an HO Chief with an ABA set of Alco PA's and a reefer train with FT ABBA power.  But I have to run them slowly on an eastern mountain layout.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds