Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Model Railroading > Is the Denver Train Show worh it?

Date: 03/12/23 13:33
Is the Denver Train Show worh it?
Author: binder001

I'm looking at the Denver Train Sgow on April 1 &2.  Is it worth the 500-mile trip?   The website make it look interesting, but I want to be sure that it's worth the effort.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 03/12/23 15:22
Re: Is the Denver Train Show worh it?
Author: PHall

binder001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm looking at the Denver Train Sgow on April 1
> &2.  Is it worth the 500-mile trip?   The
> website make it look interesting, but I want to be
> sure that it's worth the effort.
>
> Gary B.
> Waverly, NE

Fortunately there's a lot more to see in the Denver area then just the train show.

Date: 03/12/23 15:47
Author: ChicagoCoyote

binder001 Wrote:
> I'm looking at the Denver Train Sgow on April 1
> &2.  Is it worth the 500-mile trip?   The
> website make it look interesting, but I want to be
> sure that it's worth the effort.
>
> Gary B.
> Waverly, NE

Depends what you want. From my experience at the last few shows, you find better prices on E-Bay.

Date: 03/12/23 16:48
Author: dan

no shows in lincoln?

Date: 03/13/23 05:57
Author: binder001

dan Wrote:
> no shows in lincoln?

he annual February Lincoln show was fine.  We're just looking to get out and do some travelling and, of course, a rail destination was my contribution to the list of places to go.  Then a stop up in Greeley to see the Colo. Model RR Museum.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 03/13/23 07:58
Re: Is the Denver Train Show worth it?
Author: mcdeo

If you make a trip out of it, I think it'd be better. Saturday can get very packed with people, better hard to find stuff. I usually go Sunday, just to hang out and look around, I'm a local. Several other 'train' things to do in Denver for sure. Several manufacturers there usually.

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 03/13/23 08:49
Author: DRGWK59

As mentioned above, there is a TERRIFIC layout at Greeley CO,, north of Denver on US 85.  Continue north on US 85, you come to Cheyenne WY.  The Cheyenne Depot Museum downtown has a terrific collection of local railroad history AND on the second floor, accessible by stairs and elevator, is the world famous UNION AND CENTRAL AND NORTHERN NARROW GAUGE RAILROAD!  Created by the late Harry Brunk over 35 + years, it's a must see for narrow gauge fans!  The second floor also has an observation lounge that looks over the Union Pacific railroad yard AND the HERITAGE STEAM SHOP AND ROUNDHOUSE!  There is also a local model railroad club, SHERMAN HILL MODEL RAILROAD CLUB and they have a layout in Frontier Mall that operates weekends. 

SEE YOU IN OL' CHEYENNE!

David
Cheyenne WY

Date: 03/13/23 17:00
Author: salsamaker57

Spring Creek is usually the best selection at the show. If you are in to Lionel, there is lots of stuff to be had. I do enjoy talking to the manufacturers. This is the only Colorado show that they come to.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds