Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Model Railroading > Did someone say reefer?

Date: 05/25/23 06:21
Did someone say reefer?
Author: SALGUY

Guys, I'd like to present to you the next car that the Tampa Northern Model Railroad will be adding to its roster. In conjunction Clyde Allen Whitaker and Joe Zyla, I'll be doing Tampa Northern CITRUS EXPRESS, 57' mechanical reefers. The decal sets will include TNCX, TSCX and SECX reporting marks.  

These will be operated by the Tampa Northern, the Tennessee Southern Model Railroad and the Southeastern Railroad. The goal is to provide seemless, fast transport of Florida grown citrus and vegetables to the Northeast and Midwest. Initial service will be to Richmond, VA and Bostic, NC.  

On the Tampa Northern, these trains will be handled by our most modern power. Look for GP40s, SD40s, GP40-2s, SD40-2s, SD45s or F45s, on the point of these trains. Crew changes will be done on the fly.  

As far as priority goes, these will be the hottest things on the railroad, behind passenger trains. They will operate at intermodal train speeds, 89mph. On the Tampa Northern, passenger trains will be RESTRICTED to 110 mph.   

The current fleet of ice bunker reefers will be re-equipped with high speed, roller bearing trucks for operation on these trains. Cars equipped with solid bearings will NOT be permitted to operate on this train.  

This will be a premium service. Only our most experienced crews will operate these trains. To insure that, these will be carded jobs and awarded by seniority, as our contract requires.  

To show our dedication to this concept, we'll be investing in a small fleet of modern, wide vision cupola caboose for exclusive use on these trains. These will be painted yellow, with green lettering.  

The Tampa Northern looks forward to introducing this premium service to our customers. We've already heard from Tropicana and they are very interested in using our new, premium service. We look forward to providing them with the best service possible.   

I'm counting on team railroads, Tennessee Southern and Southeastern Railroad, to do their part to make this brand new service a success. 

One last thing. I'd like to thank Al Ivers, again, for his work on these decals. Al is THE linchpin in creating a great image for the Tampa Northern Railroad.

Be sure to follow the Tampa Northern Railroad.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/879490203259220/?ref=share_group_link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/23 12:29 by SALGUY.

Date: 05/25/23 15:02
Re: Did someone say reefer?
Author: gandydancer4

Oh man. I LIKE this. Very cool paint.

Date: 05/25/23 15:25
Re: Did someone say reefer?
Author: SALGUY

gandydancer4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh man. I LIKE this. Very cool paint.
>  

Thank you very muchappy.  Decals will be ordered tomorrow. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds