Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido premium mystery box

Date: 05/30/23 09:28
Rapido premium mystery box
Author: Floridarailfan

I put my order in last night and already the suspense is killing me! If anyone has already received their box, can you share what I can expect? Thanks!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/30/23 14:31
Re: Rapido premium mystery box
Author: TomG

Ya the mystery boxes have me intrigued as well. I almost hit buy now twice. But in life luck doesn't usually find me. So I would end up with a broken coffee cup, a T shirt 3 sizes to small and Canadian equipment that doesn't fit my era. But I do love the idea and Rapido is a great company. Unfortunately someone is monkeying around with their web site again and made it useless. I wonder if they farmed out their web service's to Athearn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/23 14:38 by TomG.

Date: 05/30/23 17:00
Author: rapidotrains

Tom, 

I'm sorry to hear that something broke en route. Send me a PM and we'll send you more stuff to replace it.

The team is supposed to send more American prototypes to American addresses. I will speak to them about that.

-Jason

Date: 05/30/23 17:23
Author: WrongWayMurphy

I too was tempted, but figured I would end up with some Canadian malarkey
that wouldn't ever be found on the Texas & Gulf, which operates in Texas 1955.

update - based on Jason's comment above, my mind has changed !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/23 19:29 by WrongWayMurphy.

Date: 05/30/23 17:23

No No No Jason, it was just a joke that I am that kind of unlucky kinda guy. Everything I have ever ordered from Rapido has been well packaged and arrived un scathed and nothing broken. But knowing you do include content per geographic area, I am going to go straight to your site and get a mystery box!

Date: 05/30/23 17:43

And now I too am waiting for my mystery box.Hint hint... Coffee Cup. 😂

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/23 17:48 by TomG.

Date: 05/30/23 17:54
Author: kscessnadriver

I got one in N scale. Ended up with 2 PC&F B-100-40 boxcars, 2 New Look Buses, a Tempo book, a Tempo glass, some Via napkins and a Via FP9A. I'm happy with the haul, cool stuff to have.

Date: 05/30/23 22:25
Author: RailThunder

Very pleased with my HO one a while back.  As I have a broad base passenger interest for both Canadian and US stuff.  I scored several Canadian freight cars and a VIA F40.  Very happy.  My wife claimed the wine glass, so I guess I'll have to try for another one soon to have a sip!

Date: 05/31/23 07:01
Author: BAB

This is not fare I dont need anything but but well a box with unknown treasures in it. Guess its worth a try for sure.

Date: 06/02/23 10:34
Author: mkerner

Strangely enough there is no place to put XXXL for tshirt size
Michael t Kerner Collinsville,IL

Posted from Android

Date: 06/02/23 12:12
Author: SPDRGWfan

No one got a box of rocks?  j/k

Date: 06/10/23 14:36

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one got a box of rocks?  j/k

Well Jim, mine hasn't arrived yet, so yes there is still a chance for rocks or a box if coal.

Date: 06/10/23 15:26
Author: SPDRGWfan

You know if i ordered a box and there was a wine glass in it, my wife would steal it surely as well!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0417 seconds