Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Model Railroading > RBBB Red unit train Model

Date: 10/27/03 18:42
RBBB Red unit train Model
Author: CSXSD70AC

Anyone on this list have any clue where to begin on modeling this train? I need info on what commercially available cars are close matches to these. I would like to have used Walthers but they have not produced any Smooth side cars as of yet. Any suggestions/info much appreciated. I remember some one who had built this train back in the early 90's who lived in the Richmond,VA area so I was hoping they were on this list and might help. I have the decals for this train now I am ready to start modeling...

TIA,

JRF

Date: 10/28/03 09:44
Re: RBBB Red unit train Model
Author: dcorreia

I am in the process of modeling the Blue unit. For all the cars I am using smooth side Riverossi cars, although the baggage cars are short by 10 feet. I have uploaded a picture to the image called RBBX Models 1, but I would like instructions on how to post a message with the image in it already. Thanks.

Date: 10/29/03 15:47
Author: MojaveBill

What scale are you modeling in? Also, Model Railroading magazine publishe a multi-part series on this subject I believe back in the late '80's.

Date: 10/29/03 20:27

HO scale, Thanks for the info...

JRF

Date: 10/30/03 10:25
Author: dcorreia

I have those issues and it is all about the Red Unit only. I would go a google search in order to find pictures of some of the updated cars since the article was written. You can always ask me since I am building the Blue Unit.

Date: 10/31/03 09:44
Answers to Everyone's Qu. about RBBB Decals
Author: rbx551985

This company is selling incredibly accurate decals of Red Unit's entire 56-car train for the 2003-era:

http://www.sound.net/~gcollins/circus.html

The entire set is only about $40--incredible as it sounds. Check the website and see for yourself. And note that they've received orders from several people who are in charge of the actual RBBB show trains, who say they're the best repro of Circus decals they've ever seen!

A decal set for Blue Unit's train 57-car train (2003-era) is soon to emerge from these people also, and for a similar price. I don't think we can get much better than that!

On the subject of someone from Richmond, VA having built a model of the Red Unit's train, I'm not sure about that, but I once borrowed and displayed an HO scale model of that train constructed by Mr. Bill Hill of Denver, CO, at the Science Museum of Va. during one of their November Model Train shows, but that was way back in the early 1990s. The model has long been returned to him, and I'm told was displayed from time-to-time in the Denver area. Last I heard, he was building an N-scale model of it.

(And remember, both Red and Blue Unit's trains are often up-dated as cars are replaced by newer up-dated cars.)

Date: 10/31/03 12:22
Re: Answers to Everyone's Qu. about RBBB Decals

Then you would be the one I was looking for. Can you email me?

JRF

Date: 10/31/03 13:35
Author: rbx551985

Yes, but I'll need your E-mail address. Mine -- at yahoo.com -- is <rbx551985@yahoo.com>. Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have regarding the two RBBB trains; I have a long and GOOD history with them.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds