Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Model Railroading > Intermountain RTR cyl hoppers - removing walkways

Date: 05/28/04 13:37
Intermountain RTR cyl hoppers - removing walkways
Author: CN5655

I have a few ready-to-run Intermountain cylindrical grain hoppers with plastic walkways which I want to upgrade with Plano etched walkways. I'm looking for guidance on how to remove the plastic walkways without damaging the plastic supports. Any ideas?

TIA

Ken

Date: 05/28/04 15:31
Re: Intermountain RTR cyl hoppers - removing walkways
Author: DKay

There was a "how to" article in RMC(I think) some years ago that pretty much covered the issues with changing out the original roof walks with the plano ones .Only problem is ,for the life of me ,I cant find it .I have approx 2doz to do ,but didnt want to start until I re checked the magazine piece.Covered painting and how to avoid kinks etc.
Sorry ,but I have been no help at all.If anyone can remember the article ,can they give us a heads up.
Regards ,Daryl Kay.

Date: 05/28/04 18:58
Re: Intermountain RTR cyl hoppers - removing walkways
Author: CN5655

Daryl
Thanks for the info . . . I had a look at the RR magazine index at
http://www.index.mrmag.com/tm.exe
and found that RMJ ran an article in January 1992. Any chance you can have a look at your copy and share the wisdom? Since it predates Intermountain's RTR range by 8 years it won't have anything specific to the IMR cars.
Thanks
Ken

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds