Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Model Railroading > Model Railroad Photography

Date: 02/10/05 21:38
Model Railroad Photography
Author: wheel_slip

I just put a gallery up of model train photography from the past couple years... My layout, a club layout, and a friends layout are represented... Take a look!

http://www.steelrails.org

Andy

Date: 02/11/05 04:59
Re: Model Railroad Photography
Author: ten87

Great shots, and GREAT models! You should take the time to put captions on those and give credit where credit is certainly due! Thanks for posting... Ed

Date: 02/11/05 05:57
Author: WrongWayMurphy

Good stuff there - you did well with the
depth-of-field issue. I especially like
the scene with the golf course .....

Date: 02/11/05 06:46
Author: brfriedm

These are excellent photo's and the scenery on them is excellent also, especially the right of way. What were you settings on your camera and what did you use for lighting?

Thanks,

Bruce

Date: 02/11/05 14:56
Re: Credit, Lighting, Camrea...

Sorry guys... I should have been a little clearer... Photo Credit: ME Any BNSF power was shot on Bruce Carpenters fantastic Chilli Sub layout. Any other locomotives are from my collection.

The camera's vary, since it's a two year time span. Some images are done the old fashiond way with a Nikon F4 and film, the majority are digital, shot with a Nikon D100 or a Sony S3000. Lighting for the most part is done with one or two lightbulbs positioned to mimic the sun. Camera settings also vary, but almost all were shot with the macro setting on a Nikor 28 - 85mm lens.

As for captions... That might be a future project.

Soon I'll be adding my prototype images to this domain.

Andy

Date: 02/11/05 15:23
Author: CNW

Excellent photography! Scale-rail photos are a great way to relive old memories on the real rails. I found some more scale-rail photos taken by this guy named Clint during the 1970's. He's the shortest guy in our group of friends at 0' .85". I'd like to get a closer look at the camera around his neck!

http://www.yardoffice.com/ModelRailfan/

CNW

Date: 02/11/05 15:33
Re: CNW... Great Site

CNW,
Fantastic photo's... I love the yard track's and the topless geep.

Andy

Date: 02/11/05 17:05
Re: CNW... Great Site
Author: nsfantodd

Great modeling, great photos and great layouts! My compliments to everyone involved. Thanks for posting the pictures, Andy.

Todd Templeton

Date: 02/11/05 18:55
Author: rrnut_99

Those are by far the best model railroad photos I've seen in a while.

L.G.

Date: 02/12/05 17:45
Author: mgsrwy

Andy,

Excellent pictures! I thought that URL looked familiar. Wasn't that the address for the Central Ohio Model RR Club?

mgsrwy
Galloway, OH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds