Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Passenger Trains > Parking at LAUPT

Date: 10/04/06 20:48
Parking at LAUPT
Author: ggibg

Can anyone update me on the current parking situation at LAUPT? Any information on both day and overnight parking will be deeply and gratefully appreciated. Also, does Hertz still have a counter at LAUPT, and, if so, where do they park their cars? Many thanks!

Date: 10/04/06 20:55
Re: Parking at LAUPT
Author: puckeringswine

Gateway Plaza 6.00 a day underground well patrolled and busy most of the day long term O.K. Hertz and Budget Rental cars are in the LAUPT lot which is now up to, I think 10.00 a day.

Date: 10/04/06 21:31
Author: jimbokat

The MTA building on Cesar Chavez -- just 1/2 block off of Alameda -- is the best place to park -- lots of parking -- $6.00 per day & very secure ... easy to park & get to the north portal of Union Station. The only problem we have had is trying to figure (sometimes) how to get out of the darn place (lol). 24 Hours a Day so no problem when you come & go.

Date: 10/04/06 22:19
Author: DNRY122

Yes, the MTA parking structure is open 24 hours a day. One time I got off the Ambus from Bakersfield around 1 am. After almost going around in circles, encountering closed gates, I found the one that was attended. After waking up the attendant, I was cleared to go home. If you're going to be leaving your car for several days, it's a good idea to visit the parking office and fill out a "long term parking" form.

Date: 10/05/06 06:43
Author: brassmag

The only problem we have had is trying
> to figure (sometimes) how to get out of the darn
> place (lol).

Agreed - last time we got back late on the starlate, some elevators were shut off in the plaza and we had to have a security guard open an elevator. (Bags and baby stroller weren't going to make the stairs).

Date: 10/05/06 14:13
Author: ggibg

Thanks for all your generous responses. They simply reinforce the value and friendliness of TO as an information resource.

Date: 10/05/06 20:21
Author: czephyr17

<The only problem we have had is trying to figure (sometimes) how to get out of the darn place (lol). >

That sure makes me feel better. I parked there a couple months ago for a day trip down to San Diego, and when I returned in the evening I had a h**l of a time finding my way out of the garage. I'm glad I'm not the only one that's had that problem! Otherwise, it was a great place to park, for what I feel is a quite reasonable price for downtown in a major metropolitan area (most airports are at least that expensive even in their most remote lots). Must make sure you note the sign indicating the floor and area you park at so you can find your car again. Have a good trip!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds