Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Passenger Trains > Traction Motor Bliss

Date: 02/27/08 10:16
Traction Motor Bliss
Author: amtrak1007

Amtrak train 370(26), with engine 146 had problems with the #2 traction motor last night on the NS before they reached Michigan. They got in to Grand Rapids at 2255 or 35 min late. Today 371(27) shows a "service disruption" so one wonders if the motor finally locked up? I'll post more later after I get a chance to see if the consist is still in the yard in Grand Rapids.

Date: 02/27/08 13:03
Re: Traction Motor Bliss
Author: fjc

Spoke with a friend who's an engineer in the Pac. NW, said he's had one particular engine, which has had traction motor failures three times on the same axle.

Something isn't right if the same one keeps failing over and over!

Date: 02/27/08 13:56
Re: Traction Motor Bliss
Author: InsideObserver

About 15 years ago, Amtrak had this contractor who was COTS-ing the brake valves off the passenger cars (the 26-C stuff). All they did was clean the outsides of the valves, paint them, send them back, and then bill Atk. When Atk discovered these deceptive practices, it fired this outfit, twice. It takes a while for Atk to get things right. I bet the situation with these traction motors is similar.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0304 seconds