Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > New Haven Rental Car

Date: 11/21/08 06:00
New Haven Rental Car
Author: millerdc

I have a business trip that has me flying into Washington and then going up to Oxford, CT. Would like to take Amtrak, but it appears the Hertz office closes at 5:30. Are there any other car rental options at the New Haven Amtrak station?

Thanks,

Date: 11/21/08 07:46
Re: New Haven Rental Car
Author: john1082

You might call that Hertz office and ask if they have any ideas. I say this because Hertz has a "handshake" with US Air in Flagstaff - if they rental office is closed when you arrive, they leave the keys with the US Air ticket agent. Perhaps Hertz has the same sort of arrangement with Amtrak in New Haven.

John Gezelius
Tustin, CA

Date: 11/21/08 08:17
Author: millerdc

Thanks for the info. Might also just find a hotel near the station.

Date: 11/21/08 08:19
Author: RobJ

Have you checked all the other locations. In Denver I made my way to another office as the price was much lower and the hours were better. I don't know how far the airport is but rates are often better there even with the taxes??? but maybe too far away. Cab or shuttle may not be that bad and you could probably drop off at station on return.????

Bob

Date: 11/21/08 11:45
Author: AJT

Try Stamford CT instead.

Date: 11/22/08 06:02
Author: mobujr

yes there is an Avis Office right in the Station. I dont know the hours give them a call... Moe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds