Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Passenger Trains > List of interlockings on the Harrsiburg line

Date: 03/14/09 12:40
List of interlockings on the Harrsiburg line
Author: Cameraman

Can anyone provide a list of the current interlockings (not just stations) on the Philly to Harrisburg Keystone route? I want to know esp. if any new interlockings were created with the upgrades over the last few years?

Looking through my timetables I am missing the pages for that route from an AMTK NEC TT.

Date: 03/14/09 14:13
Re: List of interlockings on the Harrisburg line
Author: NS4271

New interlocking on Keystone Line at Rheems. Also, west end of Cork interlocking referred to as Longs Park is now officially Lititz interlocking. Both tracks from Cork to State tower are TCS territory now. Run either direction with cab signals.

Date: 03/14/09 18:42
Author: MW4man

Here are all of the interlockings on the Harrisburg line in geographical order:

Penn R-CETC 5
Zoo Manned Tower
Stiles R-Zoo
Valley R-Overbrook
Paxon R-Zoo
Woodbine R-Zoo
Overbrook Manned tower
Bryn Mawr R-Paoli
Paoli Manned Tower
Frazier R-Thorn
Glen R-Thorn
Downs R-Thorn
Thorn Manned Tower
Caln R-Thorn
Park Manned Tower *(out of Service)
Leaman Temporary Block Station *(Manned when needed)
Conestoga R-Cork
Cork Manned Tower
Lititz R-Cork
Rheems R-State
Roy R-State
State Manned tower

Date: 03/15/09 12:45
Author: phlone

What is the rationale for having Valley remote from Overbrook between Stiles and Paxon remote from Zoo?

Date: 03/15/09 16:14
Author: Cameraman

I would also update the list that Park is used when needed. Or at least it was a year or two ago during the trackwork.

My thought was that Valley was remote from Zoo but I will need to reference photos to confirm that may take a few days to find.

I hope someone else can answer.

Date: 03/15/09 17:06
Author: MW4man

Cameraman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would also update the list that Park is used
> when needed. Or at least it was a year or two ago
> during the trackwork.
>
> My thought was that Valley was remote from Zoo but
> I will need to reference photos to confirm that
> may take a few days to find.
>
> I hope someone else can answer.

Park may or may not still be available if necessary, parts have been removed. I doubt it may ever get put back in service, and if it does it will need work.

Valley is the old interlocking that controlled the connections with the Schuylkill Valley Branch via the duck under and jump over at 52nd street, and the entrance to the 44th street freight yard and engine facility. It always was remote from Overbrook (well since they closed Valley Tower a bunch of years ago). With the coming reconfigurations and the eventual removal of the fly over Valley will go away, so it stayed remote from Overbrook. Overbrook is also on the chopping block to be eliminated with the reconfiguration.

Stiles and Paxon were new interlockings added to service the SEPTA shop and the new tracks 2/4 that no longer go over the jump over bridge. Woodbine used to be remote from Overbrook but that got moved to Zoo when it got rebuilt when Paxon and Stiles were put in.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds