Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Passenger Trains > Apparently Amtk. changed it's website for LD trains--ha

Date: 01/06/10 17:39
Apparently Amtk. changed it's website for LD trains--ha
Author: floridajoe2001

Thank God! Amtrak seems to have changed their new website to show the through train first.

Remember how formerly the most ridiculous combination of connections were shown first, which actually "hid" the through train by listing it last? This drove me crazy, and I'm sure the general public was totally bewildered looking at all those stupid connections.

Maybe my several e-mails to Amtrak were helpful in getting this changed. At least I brought it to their attention. The new website is very good for all trains now, including the LD trains.

Date: 01/07/10 04:02
Re: Apparently Amtk. changed it's website for LD trains
Author: prr60

I think the weird logic for LD's was fixed about a month ago.

<http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,2073288,2073413#msg-2073413&gt;

The site is still barely adequate. In my opinion, the revamp was perfume on a pig.

Date: 01/07/10 08:05
Author: krapplem

floridajoe2001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank God! Amtrak seems to have changed their new
> website to show the through train first.
>
> Remember how formerly the most ridiculous
> combination of connections were shown first, which
> actually "hid" the through train by listing it
> last? This drove me crazy, and I'm sure the
> general public was totally bewildered looking at
> all those stupid connections.
>
> Maybe my several e-mails to Amtrak were helpful in
> getting this changed. At least I brought it to
> their attention. The new website is very good for
> all trains now, including the LD trains.

It could be that they knew about it even before the new website went up. It is normal procedure to "freeze" software code some time in advance of the release date. Final testing is then done for any show-stopping critical bugs that absolutely have to be fixed. Optimizations or minor bugs are left in the code and fixed on version 1.1 release, so to speak. This is done since any change has the possiblility of creating even more bugs.

At least that's the way software development used to be done "back in the day" when programmers actually attempted to put out bug-free code. Now, with Microsoft-think, software is just shoveled onto the public, bugs and all, and the public laps it up.

Date: 01/07/10 14:52
Author: ProAmtrak

Now if they can expand the LD Network like the corridors, more options!

Date: 01/07/10 22:40
Author: brassmag

floridajoe2001 Wrote:

>
> Maybe my several e-mails to Amtrak were helpful in
> getting this changed. At least I brought it to
> their attention.

Kudos to you for emailing those who can make change instead of just complaining to the trainorders.com community.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds