Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Passenger Trains > coast line delayed due to trespasser incident

Date: 08/21/10 11:19
coast line delayed due to trespasser incident
Author: usafrsq

hit a trespasser near the Condor rd. crossing today.

Date: 08/21/10 11:44
Re: coast line delayed due to trespasser incident
Author: Abqfoamer

WHAT 'coast line'?
WHO WHAT WHERE WHEN WHY.

Date: 08/21/10 11:48
Author: usafrsq

the old SP coast route now called Metrolink valley sub, between Moorpark and Simi Valley ca. just after the switch over from UP.

Date: 08/21/10 12:45
Author: hsr_fan

Yeah, when I saw this I first thought, "Great, not again" and then remembered this is a west coast dominated site! We've had a few fatalities along the Coast Line here in New Jersey recently.

Date: 08/21/10 12:47
Author: EWM27

That portion of track (Moorpark to Burbank Jct) is actually the Metrolink Ventura Subdivision. The Valley Subdivision runs to Lancaster. The two lines merge at Burbank Jct and are both dispatched by the same dispatcher. The crossing that the incident took place at is called Avenida Colonia per the name on the Crossing Box. Just thought I'd throw that in...

Date: 08/21/10 14:45
Author: pb

Surliner #768 was train involved.Was a fatality. Delayed 2 north bounds #799 and 763,was held untill incident was cleared
up.Coast Starlight #14 got dinged a little.Was 35min late out of here.

pb
Oxnard CA

Date: 08/21/10 14:50
Author: EWM27

Just saw your post on HeadsUp Paul...thanks for clearing it up

Date: 08/21/10 15:00
Author: robj

The real questin of WHY post everytime a pedestrian is hit. What is the need unless there is really some compelling story about it.

It is not news and we could fill up this forum with that if everyoune decided to post that stuff.

At least we didn't get the dumb pedestrian, dumb kids, and the obligotory we feel sorry for the crews followups. Of course we have to call the PERSON a trespasser.

Bob Jordan

Date: 08/21/10 16:01
Author: Jaanfo

Well, Bob, how about this: The Guy that died flew about 100 feet down from an overpass and landed ON the train. From what I can tell there really aren't as many posts about these incidents as there are incidents, it's actually a very small proportion which makes TO. That said, I ask myself the same general question whenever I see people concerning themselves with a Service Disruption even though neither they nor anybody they know are on the train.

Date: 08/21/10 18:35
Author: pummer

Jaanfo's posting makes this seem like a very unusual incident. Thanks for the info. I often wonder WHY people don't use "check spelling" before posting.

Date: 08/22/10 04:54
Author: robj

pummer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jaanfo's posting makes this seem like a very
> unusual incident. Thanks for the info. I often
> wonder WHY people don't use "check spelling"
> before posting.

- hit a trespasser near the Condor rd. crossing today.-

This is the post I replied to.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0277 seconds