Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > Pacific Electric Depot/Museum Bellflower (CA)

Date: 01/26/11 14:57
Pacific Electric Depot/Museum Bellflower (CA)
Author: rms492

Hello, I need to do some business in Bellflower, CA, and wanted to drop by the former Pacific Electric depot in Bellflower.
Does anyone know the hours it is open?
I can't seem to find much information as to the hours, and I can't seem to find a contact number or e-mail.

Thanks

http://www.bellflower.org/home/index.asp?page=36&Calendar_type=1&recordid=1802

http://www.bellflower.org/templates/printer_version.asp?type=news&page=10&recordid=1293

http://www.traillink.com/trail/bellflower-bike-trail.aspx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/11 15:06 by rms492.

Date: 01/26/11 16:52
Re: Pacific Electric Depot/Museum Bellflower (CA)
Author: czuleget

I just called the city and spoke with a man he calls him self PJ and he will call me back on Friday with more info. he seemed to think that it was just a restoration completed not long ago and it may not be opened to the public. Hours to other parks vary widely.

Date: 01/26/11 16:54
Author: scottp

Maybe I gave up too easily, but when I was there I didn't see any evidence that it serves a purpose beyond "shady spot with restrooms and a drinking fountain."
IOW it doesn't contain exhibits, it IS an exhibit, to look at from the outside.

And while I love to see a RR-related landmark restored/recreated at least visually, it's a little embarrassing to read the sign that states the project was paid for by a bond intended for Clean and Safe Water, and Beaches, and Coastal Trails. I know I don't have the wording exactly right, but it's HOW many miles from a beach?
I'm sure the water in the drinking fountain is Clean and Safe!

Date: 01/26/11 18:19
Author: ats90mph

Whatever they need to do to get the money, and go as far with it as they can.

Date: 01/26/11 20:40
Author: wattslocal

The Bellflower depot is never staffed and always closed. It was still empty inside the only time I stopped last year. It's a nice restoration, and bathroom building addition, but as I remember in the "old days" it was painted PE depot gray. It's nice that the poor city did such a nice job on it. Most depots fall into disrepair and are demoed or mysteriously burn down late at nite.

Watts local

Date: 01/27/11 11:26
Author: BobP

I think John Heller was in charge of this project like Etiwanda.
Don't know how to get hold of him.

Date: 01/28/11 09:10
Re: Pacific Electric Depot/Museum Bell flower (CA)
Author: czuleget

I just got a call back from PJ at the city of Bell flower and as for now the building is for viewing the exterior only the building is being used for city storage. and is not open to the public.

Date: 01/28/11 13:53
Re: Pacific Electric Depot/Museum Bell flower (CA)
Author: rms492

Great, thanks for letting us know.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds