Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Passenger Trains > Trainorders PV Special Departs Los Angeles Thursday

Date: 08/03/11 21:28
Trainorders PV Special Departs Los Angeles Thursday
Author: webmaster

Almost 50 members and their spouses have converged on Los Angeles in preparation for tomorrow's departure for Reno. Tomorrow morning we depart on the Northbound Coast Starlight out of Los Angeles headed to Oakland. Friday we head over Donner Pass for two days in Reno. Monday morning (or afternoon) we return to Emeryville, before heading down the coast on Tuesday to Los Angeles. We will have the Silver Lariat and Silver Splendor dome cars for most of the trip, with only Silver Splendor for the final leg into Los Angeles.

As I have mentioned this will be our final rail cruise excursion. These trips are a labor of love and in the current economic environment it is increasingly more difficult to sell them. In addition, the multiple day intensity of the trips is difficult on my wife and I do not have all the time I use to with the site growing ever increasingly complex and larger in scope.

Those riding with us on Monday are in for a special social experience that is unheard for any enthusiast tour. I can't go into detail at this time, but lets just say that Monday will be the most humble day I will have experienced in my 14 years of running Trainorders.com.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 08/04/11 09:25
Re: Trainorders PV Special Departs Los Angeles Thursday
Author: grande_fan

And no pictures posted yet? Normally there is a race to post the first picture.

Sounds like it's going to be a great time and I can't wait to see the pictures and video.

John

Date: 08/04/11 10:10
Re: Trainorders PV Special Departs Los Angeles Thursday
Author: GenePoon

"(11:00 am) Thu Aug 4, 2011 (estimated)

Estimated Departure Time: 40 minutes late"

-Amtrak.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds