Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > Anything special for SF Muni Centennial on 12/28/12?

Date: 11/28/12 15:40
Anything special for SF Muni Centennial on 12/28/12?
Author: PasadenaSub

I'll be in the San Jose-San Francisco area for the Kraft Bowl at AT&T Park the weekend of 12/28-12/30 and was wondering if there will be anything special running on the 'F' line on the 28th (the 100th anniversary of SF Muni)? I was planning to ride Caltrain up to The City that day, and could spend some extra time fanning the F line if there's anything unusual going on.

I doubt they could run the 'E' line that day (which uses part of the N/T line to AT&T park) since it is a Friday. Maybe bring out every operational car for the F line?

Thanks for any info,

Rich

Date: 11/28/12 15:50
Re: Anything special for SF Muni Centennial on 12/28/12
Author: DNRY122

Earlier this month Muni ran some special cars on two Sundays, and one Muni-watcher thought that there may not be anything special on Dec. 28 (since that's a Friday), although I would hope that at the very least they'd have the present Mayor run Car 1, just as the Mayor 100 years ago ran that same car to initiate Muni service. If any events are scheduled, I will post them on TO.

Date: 11/28/12 17:48
Author: DNRY122

I just sent an inquiry to SF Mayor Lee. We'll see if His Honor has any good news for us traction fans.

Date: 11/29/12 16:01
Author: atsf121

As mentioned they did events earlier this month. from the Market Street Railway blog, it sounded like they chose November to avoid getting missed during the Holidays. From that post, I'd be surprised if they did much on the 28th which is too bad.

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds