Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Passenger Trains > Chicago Metropolitan Lounge Question

Date: 12/10/12 13:26
Chicago Metropolitan Lounge Question
Author: andersonb109

Does anyone know if I will be able to use the Metropolitan Lounge at Chicago Union Station if arriving with a Business Class ticket? Web site says yes for "First Class" for Club Acela but does not mention for Business Class. I'm departing on the new Pullman service so since that's not Amtrak, I doubt they would recognize. Although there is something about being available to private car owners and their guests. I really don't feel like carting my bag around during my 4 hour connection.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Date: 12/10/12 13:35
Re: Chicago Metropolitan Lounge Question
Author: kk5ol

Just go there & ask. Otherwise there are self lock storage lockers (both large & smal) in the general waiting room. I've used both.

RailNet802, out

Date: 12/10/12 15:49
Author: Ptolemy

You don't have access to the lounge for Business Class, unless you have arrived on a sleeper, or are in one of the categories of Amtrak Guest Rewards that allows access. What the policy is regarding the Pullman service, I don't know.

Date: 12/10/12 17:04
Author: coaststarlight99

It would be really great if you could snap some informative pictures for us so that we know what this new service is like. Not just outside pictures of the train, but it would be fantastic if we could see the sleepers, the bedrooms, the diner, the food, the whole deal. If you feel up to it, that would really be great. Thanks.

Date: 12/10/12 17:48
Author: Ptolemy

coaststarlight99 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be really great if you could snap some
> informative pictures for us so that we know what
> this new service is like. Not just outside
> pictures of the train, but it would be fantastic
> if we could see the sleepers, the bedrooms, the
> diner, the food, the whole deal. If you feel up to
> it, that would really be great. Thanks.

Ditto.

Date: 12/10/12 17:58
Author: andersonb109

Will certainly do (the photos that is).

Date: 12/10/12 19:17
Author: mt-king

Just tell them you are leaving on a private car.

Date: 12/11/12 18:33
Author: houstonguy2010

I would walk in and simply tell the agent that you are leaving in a sleeper in a private car. Most likely they will let you in but I think it would depend on who is working. A business class ticket will not gain you entry unless you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards Select Plus member which would then allow you and immediate family members traveling with you access or one business associate traveling with you access in addition to yourself.

Sometimes at the Metro Lounge in CHI the staff are very accommodating and other times they are the polar opposite. So my advice is be kind and courteous and ask. You have nothing to lose.

Come to think of it I did once see some private car passengers waiting in the Metro Lounge. That was a couple of years ago.

Hope this helps.

Keith Hunter
FOREST CITY, IA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds