Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Passenger Trains > Dinner on Starlight approaching Seattle?

Date: 05/07/13 19:28
Dinner on Starlight approaching Seattle?
Author: bridge22-0196

I have never ridden #14 north of Portland. Is there regular dinner service approaching Seattle? I see arrival times in Tacoma are typically before 7:30 so that wouldn't allow much time for dinner unless it were an early seating.

Any recommendations for a place to eat dinner in Tacoma around the Tacoma Dome area?

Sandra in Davis

Date: 05/07/13 19:58
Re: Dinner on Starlight approaching Seattle?
Author: cutboy2

Take a taxi to the Spar. About 2 miles. On waterfront.

Date: 05/07/13 20:05
Author: train671

If you are staying in Tacoma then two restaurants come to mind and both are near the Tacoma Dome. First is Stanley & Seaforts
that is above the harbor looking down. Great steaks and seafood and wonderful appetizers. It is less then 1/2 a mile from the train station but you will need a taxi. It has a spectacular view of the harbor and bay and is wonderful at sunset. A bit on the pricey side but a wonderful culinary experience. The other restaurant is Johnny's Dock that is also about 1/2 mile in the other direction from the train station and is right on the Marina. You will also need a taxi to get there. They have wonderful seafood and very good service. Depending on when you arrive in Tacoma you might catch either restaurant still open. Good luck. This is
not an area you should be walking around by yourself.

Date: 05/07/13 20:30
Author: outpost

We took #14 to Seattle on 4/2, it seems to me we were offered 5 or 6pm seatings that night.

Date: 05/07/13 21:13
Author: bridge22-0196

Thanks for the advice, all. If there is time, I will probably eat on the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0369 seconds