Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Passenger Trains > 5/6 consist

Date: 05/14/13 07:54
5/6 consist
Author: clearstack

Have res. in July, Reno-Chicago rt. What's the typical consist that time of year, is there an obs dome car?

Date: 05/14/13 08:09
Re: 5/6 consist
Author: DavidP

Yes, there is a Superliner Sightseer Lounge - not exactly a dome in the traditional sense, but a glass upper deck lounge with outward facing seats. Typical consist for the CZ is baggage car, crew dorm/sleeper, two full sleepers, diner, lounge, three coaches. Some summers Amtrak has scrounged up an extra sleeper to run on all or part of the route, but haven't heard if that will be the case this summer. Have a great trip!

dave

Date: 05/14/13 08:31
Author: clearstack

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

Date: 05/14/13 10:23
Author: chakk

The Sightseer Lounge typically has 6 tables on the upper deck now -=- replacing some of the outward-facing seats -- so that it is easier to eat your meals and snacks from the lounge car attendant in the lower level while enjoying a great view, rather than using the few tables on the lower level of the lounge car.

Date: 05/14/13 10:36
Author: KansasCityChief

i think the 3rd sleeper would will be on this summer, Gene could confrim this.

Date: 05/14/13 12:02
Author: bbrandia

The consist given earlier is incorrect. Its actually ... baggage, crew/transition, then COACHES, observation, dining, and SLEEPERS are the last cars of the consist. Winter runs two sleepers, summer is usually three. Not sure of date for addition of third sleeper.

Date: 05/14/13 15:18
Author: GP25

bbrandia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The consist given earlier is incorrect. Its
> actually ... baggage, crew/transition, then
> COACHES, observation, dining, and SLEEPERS are the
> last cars of the consist. Winter runs two
> sleepers, summer is usually three. Not sure of
> date for addition of third sleeper.

A few years back. the consist was sleepers up front. And coaches on the back.
When was changed to the current configuration

Jerry Martin
Los Angeles, CA
Central Coast Railroad Festival

Date: 05/14/13 19:20
Author: 1500fan

Rode Denver to Glenwood and back last week. Great seats at a table in the observation lounge both ways. Not crowded at all. Friendly crew, good service. On time everywhere. A great trip!

Date: 05/14/13 23:23
Author: alaska

When making reservations with a live Amtrak agent I suggest you ask for sleeper #6030 since that I believe is the sleeper next to the diner and save yourself from some walking between cars.
Also ask for bedrooms B,C,or D and if you choose a roomette I recommend 4,5,6,or 7. (avoid 8 since it is next to the toilet which may be noisy with the loud flushing, however it may be best for you since you'll always be next to it.

Hal

Date: 05/14/13 23:26
Author: mundo

Room 2 is across from Toilet. room 8 is several down the hall.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds