Home Open Account Help 284 users online

Passenger Trains > Grand Canyon Railway - "Pullman" Class

Date: 05/24/13 10:40
Grand Canyon Railway - "Pullman" Class
Author: jmw

Attached Image - 05/22/13 GCR "Pullman" class Harriman coach made a shake-down run to the Canyon on Train #2.

To date this is the only GCR Harriman painted in the gold & silver scheme. Will the entire Harriman fleet get the same treatment? Stay tuned.

JMW
http://waidephoto.smugmug.com/Trains

Date: 05/24/13 11:13
Re: Grand Canyon Railway - "Pullman" Class
Author: Tominde

It's okay, but I still like the "Pullman" green better. I suspect a marketing agency thought of this.

Date: 05/24/13 11:21
Author: ProAmtrak

I'm with ya, plus on a side note, I think GCR still hasn't had it's ridership jumpin' like crazy during the summer like it used to do when they ran Steam!

Date: 05/24/13 12:15
Author: TomPlatten

Much as I enjoyed my two trips on the GCRY, its not the most scenic trip especially when compared to the Verde Canyon or the Colorado Narrow Gauge. As I recall the train only goes about 40 miles an hour so the trip up and back to the CG is probably tedious for kids. The first time I rode was about a year after they started when the #18 was pulling the train--it was packed!

Date: 05/24/13 12:47
Author: Amtrak562

What's with the white roof? They did it on the Full Dome & the Max Biegert, the white really ruins it. This silver is ok, but they should have left these in classic Pullman Green!

Date: 05/24/13 12:49
Author: andersonb109

Lets hope they kept at least a few in green for use with the Steam loco on photo charters.

Date: 05/24/13 18:47
Author: WP707

In the very hot AZ sun, I expect the white roof will keep the cars from getting as hot as Pullman Green...

Date: 05/24/13 23:09
Author: alaska

Agree with WP707; however silver would be even more reflective.

Hal

Date: 05/25/13 00:40
Author: Amtrak562

WP707 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the very hot AZ sun, I expect the white roof
> will keep the cars from getting as hot as Pullman
> Green...

Perhaps, but Williams is around 6500ft or so, it doesn't get hot like say Phoenix or other parts of AZ.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds