Home Open Account Help 228 users online

Passenger Trains > Late Florida trains

Date: 11/25/13 15:40
Late Florida trains
Author: retcsxcfm

Noticed that for some reason,trains are being delayed between Savannah and Jacksonville.
PO91-24 was over 5 hours late out of Tampa back to Lakeland,passing a 2 1/2 hour late
PO92-25.Don't know the delay on 92.

Uncle Joe,Seffner,Fl.

Date: 11/25/13 16:39
Re: Late Florida trains
Author: WillRan

Auto Train 52 was 3' 20" late out of Sanford.

Date: 11/25/13 16:48
Author: chrsjrcj

At about 9 am this morning, I saw on Amtrak's tracking map that 53, 91, and 97 were all on each other's markers through Folkston.

Who knows why 92 left Miami an hour late. 98 looked alright in West Palm this morning, with the "Big Game Train" engine leading and 5 coaches (I'm guessing for the holiday rush...had been running with 4 the last couple months).

Date: 11/25/13 17:06
Author: WillRan

Well if AT 53 was in Folkston at 9am today, that was over 3 hrs late I think. Sounds like the delay effected AT 52 departure from Sanford.

Date: 11/25/13 17:40
Author: KV1guy

92 reported "rough track" running 79mph just south of Savannah at mp A512.8, about 3 miles south of S. Ogeechee on CSX's Nahunta sub. Crew reported it sounded like something coming apart below them. L031 then proceeded south after 92 cleared them. They encountered a broke rail, but I don't think was able to get stopped before the engine's got over it. (keep in mind, restricted speed is a speed that permits looking out for broken rail, not stopping short of it). I believe they stopped and was forced to separate their locos so that MofW could get to the break. Well.....by the time MofW got out there, LO31 went dead on single main.

So naturally, 53 got held up at S. Ogeechee on No.1 track, I pulled in behind them on 91, and eventually 97 pulled in behind me. We left Sav an hour down at 0530. It wasn't till about 0700 when CSX got a relief crew out there for L031. MofW had fixed the rail, with a 10mph speed limit. Once LO31 got his train back together, they proceeded south...and all Amtrak's did the same. They had nb's stacked up all the way down to Jesup. The crap deal out of all this is that CSX ran the LO31 and 3 Amtrak's in that order the entire way to Jacksonville, and we had made the dispatcher aware that we were getting short on time. I would have thought they would have got us around 53, but they didn't...and we ran on his yellow's (and some red's) the rest of the way....making it into the station with about 12 mins to spare. And of course, we got by that LO31 as usual at Dinsmore when they held him out of the ramp.

Date: 11/26/13 06:14
Author: AmtHog

They almost had two passenger trains on the ground Sunday night/Monday Morning…..

Date: 11/26/13 16:41
Author: PRR1361

What would you expect from CSX? "A nice bunch of guys who can't figure out how to run a railroad"; true 30 years ago, true now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0282 seconds