Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Passenger Trains > Chicago Union Station Legacy Club

Date: 06/29/15 16:10
Chicago Union Station Legacy Club
Author: Mayfair Tower

An earlier thread about renovations spoke of this new area in the Great Hall. I took a peak inside thanks to the friendly gentleman manning the room. Nice to see some upgrades!

Date: 06/29/15 16:16
Re: Chicago Union Station Legacy Club

The old barbershop has been redone and may become a bar if I remember the article correctly. Really nice touches with the photos where the mirrors used to be. There's only a few original pieces left in there as the guy pointed out to me but it's still a neat room. They've also installed LED lighting that changes colors around the perimeter. They had to scrub that tile numerous times to get all the smoke stains off and were unable to completely remove it but it doesn't stink in there. 

Date: 06/29/15 16:22
Author: andersonb109

Wow. That room should be the Metropolitan Lounge instead of the hole it's in now! People wouldn't mind if their train departed late if they could wait in that environment.

Date: 06/29/15 16:26

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. That room should be the Metropolitan Lounge
> instead of the hole it's in now! People wouldn't
> mind if their train departed late if they could
> wait in that environment.

i think this is taking the place of the metropolitan but I could be wrong. The other thing that is nice is it has bathrooms. They're charging $10 at the moment but it does include snacks and non alcoholic beverages. 

Date: 06/29/15 17:03
Author: GenePoon

The Metropolitan Lounge is free for First Class, the Legacy Club, which does appear nicer, is a pay facility.

The airlines do it another way (at major international airports).  There is a pay lounge facility that is
open to anyone who pays an annual, monthly or daily fee.  But the real, luxurious lounge with better
free food, free drinks, nicer decor is complimentary and only for the First or sometimes Business Class
international traveler.  Domestic travelers, international coach and even the super-high mileage
frequent travelers are not admitted.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 20:17 by GenePoon.

Date: 06/29/15 21:23
Author: RutledgeRadio

I like what Amtrak's using for the normal waiting area - the Great Hall! The way it sounds everyone waits out there except elderly/disabled/those with special needs, etc. Then you're lined up and taken right down to the tracks. Kind of reminds me of what we did in Los Angeles when I was waiting to get on the Chief. A MUCH better way of doing things than waiting in that "hole" that's for sure.

Have they always done this? Come to think of it, I haven't been to Union Station when the seats were in the Great Hall in 15+ years. The times I was there they'd happen to have them out for special events.

The Legacy Club looks interesting. For $10 I might just use it next time I'm there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/15 21:25 by RutledgeRadio.

Date: 06/30/15 06:43
Author: cutboy2

Had  no idea this existed. Where is it?

Date: 06/30/15 07:19

cutboy2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had  no idea this existed. Where is it?

It's in the SW corner of the great hall towards the exit to Jackson and Clinton.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0437 seconds