Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak's Florida services are doing well

Date: 01/11/17 08:24
Amtrak's Florida services are doing well
Author: Lackawanna484

I checked to see how 91/92, 97/98 are making out, given the problems with AutoTrain.

They're doing fine, as of 11.22am, one is expected on time at Sebring (north of Lake Okechobee, south of Orlando), and three are expected within a half hour of the scheduled time.

Good job, Amtrak people!

Date: 01/11/17 08:55
Re: Amtrak's Florida services are doing well
Author: Peak45068

Yes sat on 98. 15 late out of Sebring . Consist contains 195+134 and a 'dead' 92.

Had a great breakfast in heritage diner 8550.

Coming down a few days ago the Star was 6 hours down and the Meteor 3 hours.

Date: 01/11/17 14:15
Author: Trainatic

I'm going to be on the Silver Meteor down to Florida next week.  I was wondering if there was any news on new diners yet or if that one in trial service is still running on that route ??
Also, I recall some discussion about Amtrak running into the Miami Airport - has that happened or should I just plan on a taxi from the current station to a hotel out by the airport ??

thanks,
​Joe

Date: 01/11/17 14:33
Author: Peak45068

Do the Meteor to Hollywood then TriRail into the Airport. 

Date: 01/11/17 18:34
Author: chess

Trainatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm going to be on the Silver Meteor down to
> Florida next week.  I was wondering if there was
> any news on new diners yet or if that one in trial
> service is still running on that route ??
> Also, I recall some discussion about Amtrak
> running into the Miami Airport - has that happened
> or should I just plan on a taxi from the current
> station to a hotel out by the airport ??
>
> thanks,
> ​Joe
I travel on trains 97/98 a few times a year to Ft. Lauderdale, FL and always take a taxi to Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale airport for a rental car. A taxi is better because you don't have to wait for another train, not something I want to do after being on the train for 26 hours...

Date: 01/13/17 10:59
Author: Trainatic

Thanks for the info. Figured we would arrive late and just wanted to get to hotel
Joe

Date: 01/13/17 12:39
Author: Lackawanna484

Friday was a little worse.

91 was 2 hrs 4 minutes late. 92 was 2 minutes late

97 was 1 hr 29 late, 98 was 2 minutes early

-------

This might be the end of the storm related residual.  52 arrived in Lorton on time this morning, and both of Friday's 91/97 are on time

Date: 01/13/17 21:52
Author: jp1822

Only ONE of the NEW Viewliner II diners has been released and it has been reportedly been running on the Meteor, but not sure about recent reports. The prototype Diner from teh 1980s that was restored, which is also a nice diner may be on the Metoeor too. I guess you got a 50/50 change of getting a Heritage (two of those operating), prototype Viewliner I, or Viewliner II diner.

Where the rest of the Viewliner II Diner order is no one seems to know. I would have expected a few more cars to have been released by now so that the Lake Shore Limited doesn't have to be running with a Diner Lite operation!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds