Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Passenger Trains > Women Take Over Metrolink

Date: 01/22/17 10:24
Women Take Over Metrolink
Author: edsaalig

Yesterday was quite an experience on Metrolink.  I boarded the 7:28am Metrolink train at Upland.  The train was 10 minutes late.  There were still 20 or 30 women in line trying to get tickets when the train arrived.  They all still boarded the train.  It was elbow to elbow and standing room only.  When we got to Montclair there were another 200 women waiting to board.  They packed them in!  We were now 15 minutes late.  At Claremont it was impossible to get one more person on board and yet there must have been another 300 women (and yes a few men) trying to board the train.  The Conductor finally decided that there was a safety issue here.  He would not let any more board the train and from Claremont to LA Union Station the train only stopped to let people off.  No one was allowed to board.  We arrived at Union Station 20 minutes late.  It was a sea of people leaving the train.  They just kept coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/17 10:28 by edsaalig.

Date: 01/22/17 10:48
Re: Women Take Over Metrolink
Author: Latebeans

Wow, just look at how The Donald is already increasing transit ridership. Isn't this the greatest!

Posted from Android

Date: 01/22/17 16:03
Author: JimBaker

I wonder, how many are ticketed ??

That's a crush load on all systems.
Saw Three-Car Gold Line trains on 210 freway.

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 01/22/17 16:32
Author: portlander

I hope you were wearing your axe body spray. . .

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds