Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL


Date: 04/17/17 03:29
Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: SP_cadillacs

Amtrak 92 is seen accelerating from its station stop in Lakeland, FL on its way West to Tampa and North to New York. 

Saturday
April 15, 2017
1630hrs

Consist:
P40DC 75
Coach 25118
Coach 25121
Coach 25082
Coach 25068
Coach 25034
Cross Country Cafe 28002
Sleeping Car 62032
Sleeping Car 62038
Baggage Car 61047

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 04/17/17 05:09
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: NYC4096

Nice shot SP_Cadilacs.  I have a quick question which I'm sure has been recently answered on some thread.  Why is the baggage car on the rear of this train (and so many other single level trains) lately)?



Date: 04/17/17 06:07
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: MEKoch

Bigger consist than past pics.  Usually 3 coaches and one sleeper. 

I figured the small consist was Amtrak's excuse to discontinue the train.



Date: 04/17/17 07:09
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: joemvcnj

Imagine the lines to the snack car and the over-worked attendant.



Date: 04/17/17 08:45
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: gaspeamtrak

Nice thank you for sharing !!! :):):)



Date: 04/17/17 11:04
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: retcsxcfm

NYC4096 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shot SP_Cadilacs.  I have a quick question
> which I'm sure has been recently answered on some
> thread.  Why is the baggage car on the rear of
> this train (and so many other single level trains)
> lately)?

Yes,it has been answered.Consists are changed twice
a year on 19-20,91-92 and 97-98.It is on here,you
will have to look.
Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.



Date: 04/17/17 12:19
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: RevRandy

You mean traveling from Lakeland to Tampa to Lakeland and then north -- first Lakeland stop discharge only, second Lakeland stop receive passengers only -- so no Lakeland/Tampa local traffic and alas you can't book a Lakeland to Lakeland trip.

 



Date: 04/17/17 12:27
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: DavidP

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bigger consist than past pics.  Usually 3 coaches
> and one sleeper. 
>
> I figured the small consist was Amtrak's excuse to
> discontinue the train.

You're right about as few as three coaches, but I've never seen fewer than two sleepers.

Dave



Date: 04/17/17 13:53
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: SP_cadillacs

You are correct, but some conductors will let you travel to Tampa and back from lakeland, you will have to buy a ticket Lakeland to Kissimmee. I have done it twice with my girlfriend. Its really up to the conductors.

RevRandy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean traveling from Lakeland to Tampa to
> Lakeland and then north -- first Lakeland stop
> discharge only, second Lakeland stop receive
> passengers only -- so no Lakeland/Tampa local
> traffic and alas you can't book a Lakeland to
> Lakeland trip.
>
>  



Date: 04/17/17 13:54
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: SP_cadillacs

Thanks for the great responses guys. I did not know this was a extra long consist, possibly for Easter travellers?



Date: 04/18/17 04:09
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: DavidP

NYC4096 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice shot SP_Cadilacs.  I have a quick question
> which I'm sure has been recently answered on some
> thread.  Why is the baggage car on the rear of
> this train (and so many other single level trains)
> lately)?

Its been standard practice in winter the past few years....I think it has something to do with simplifying servicing at Sunnyside yard in Queens.

Dave



Date: 04/18/17 07:13
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: joemvcnj

Prevent fishtailing of a sleeper when on the rear (they don't care abourt coach passengers)



Date: 04/18/17 10:16
Re: Amtrak 92 NB Silver Star Chugging West departing Lakeland, FL
Author: retcsxcfm

SP_cadillacs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are correct, but some conductors will let you
> travel to Tampa and back from lakeland, you will
> have to buy a ticket Lakeland to Kissimmee. I have
> done it twice with my girlfriend. Its really up to
> the conductors.
>
> RevRandy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You mean traveling from Lakeland to Tampa to
> > Lakeland and then north -- first Lakeland stop
> > discharge only, second Lakeland stop receive
> > passengers only -- so no Lakeland/Tampa local
> > traffic and alas you can't book a Lakeland to
> > Lakeland trip.
> >
> >  
For a nice short trip,get a Tampa-Winter Haven RT ticket.

Uncle Joe
Seffner,Fl.



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0606 seconds