Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Passenger Trains > Crescent

Date: 04/19/17 19:31
Crescent
Author: texchief1

Can anybody tell me how many cars they are running on the Crescent and what order they are in? One or two engines?

Thanks in advance!

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, Tx

Date: 04/19/17 19:40
Re: Crescent
Author: UP844

texchief1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can anybody tell me how many cars they are running
> on the Crescent and what order they are in? One
> or two engines?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Randy Lundgren
> Elgin, Tx

There are 2 Engines , Usually 2 P42DC's , Sometimes a P40 or a Dash 8 Trails , It Always a P42 Leader . It goes 3 coach cars , 1 Cafe-a car then The Heritage Fleet diner then 2 sleepers then a bussiness class car followed by a Bagaggae Car . The Crew change points are Meridian,MS,Atlanta,Charottle,Charottletsville,VA and Washington,DC

Date: 04/19/17 19:51
Author: texchief1

Thanks for the quick response, UP844.

Randy Lundgren

Date: 04/19/17 19:52
Author: chess

I don't think Charlottesville, VA is a crew change stop any longer for trains 19/20. It was moved to Lynchburg, VA, one stop further south. When I rode 19/20 in January, the Washington D.C. crew ran to Lynchburg. Makes sense, since the regional trains turn there, and I heard that Amtrak has wanted to move the crew change to LYH for some time. Trains 50/51, the Cardinal still change crews at Charlottesville, VA.

Date: 04/19/17 20:10
Author: UP844

texchief1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the quick response, UP844.
>
>
>
> Randy Lundgren

Are u going to be riding the Crescent soon ? I have ridden it many times , do u have any more questions I can help answer about the Crescent

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0462 seconds