Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Passenger Trains > Brightline Progress...

Date: 04/20/17 20:15
Brightline Progress...
Author: GenePoon

...is detailed on their webpage.

LINK:

Brightline Progress

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/17 20:15 by GenePoon.

Date: 04/21/17 04:50
Re: Brightline Progress...
Author: mbrotzman

So where will the equipment end up after the service goes bust?

Date: 04/21/17 07:43
Author: PennPlat

Amen.

It surely will go bust, sooner rather than later.

Date: 04/21/17 07:47
Author: ts1457

mbrotzman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So where will the equipment end up after the
> service goes bust?

so far, it is their dime, so let's hope for the best.

Date: 04/21/17 09:12
Author: ble692

Meanwhile about 3000 miles away at the Siemens plant Sacramento, CA, the green and orange train sets are taking shape. Each set has a locomotive and most if not all of their cars already coupled together out near the UP mainline, while two more locomotives are coming right along but not yet coupled to the train sets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/17 11:55 by ble692.

Date: 04/21/17 11:19
Author: bluesboyst

mbrotzman Wrote:
> So where will the equipment end up after the
> service goes bust?

Geez....are you a train buff or NOT...

Date: 04/21/17 11:59
Author: djansson

Phase One is coach only seating (regular and business class) with some "cafe-light" service provided by a host with a cart. Phase Two will incorporate an added mid-train cafe car (it is planned and Siemens has all the specs). Note that Brightline is PRIVATELY FUNDED so all the nonsense here about it going away is just that: NONSENSE.

Date: 04/21/17 15:18
Author: chrsjrcj

bluesboyst Wrote:
> mbrotzman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So where will the equipment end up after the
> > service goes bust?
>
> Geez....are you a train buff or NOT...

There are quite a few passenger rail detractors on this site. Look on any post regarding Brightline or CAHSR.

It's actually sad that people want to see it go bust, instead of trying to support a long over due rail system for Florida. I also know people who have been employed directly by the project, and would have much to lose if the project did fail.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/21/17 22:21
Author: cchan006

bluesboyst Wrote:
> mbrotzman Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So where will the equipment end up after the
> > service goes bust?
>
> Geez....are you a train buff or NOT...

Time for a wake up call. Let's not fall for the devious "are you with me or not?" rhetoric.

It's obvious there aren't enough train buffs in this country to make a noticeable difference in passenger rail improvements. Rail infrastructure failures abound, and political football is constantly being played on Train Promises. Given that environment, Brightline is doing pretty good, regardless of where the funding is coming from.

Unless Florida can fundamentally change how other transportation modes are being funded, let's not get delusional about "private money" and "profitability."

I interpret the TO cynicism differently. People are fed up with broken promises, so the "service goes bust" comment is actually a "Show Me, or is this another fraud?" It's 8 years going on 9 for the CA HSR, and still not a single piece of track has been laid yet... and I mention it, since CA HSR was mentioned as a comparison in a post just above mine.

Really, who wants to be a train buff around here? Just a bunch of fools with "hope" who are easily tricked.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds