Home Open Account Help 285 users online

Passenger Trains > Last Cubs World Series Special Runs

Date: 04/26/17 10:59
Last Cubs World Series Special Runs
Author: DHarrison

On Sunday, 04/23, a private charter ran on the CTA L/subway reportedly for the last time. The four railcars are scheduled to have their decorated wraps removed. The wraps were applied in November, 2016 celebrating the Cubs winning the 2016 World Series. Sunday's charter ran on Blue, Pink, Green, Brown and Red lines. The first photo catches the foursome gong through Harrison Jct. come from the Blue line to the Pink line. Green line action takes place at 40th St. in the "powerhouse curve." Finally, a shot sees the charter on the southbound track at Addison station next to Wrigely Field, home of the Cubs.

David Harrison, (msibnsf)

Date: 04/26/17 11:05
Re: Last Cubs World Series Special Runs
Author: P

Looks pretty cool! I wonder what Chicago will do the next time the Cubs win the World Series in 2126??

Date: 04/26/17 12:03
Author: melalbert

Keep them in storage. Cubs will probably win again this year as there are a lot of pretty bad other baseball teams out there.

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/17 12:28
Author: march_hare

P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks pretty cool! I wonder what Chicago will do
> the next time the Cubs win the World Series in
> 2126??

Hmm. another 110 years, we may be travelling in personal aircraft powered by unicorn farts.  Maybe they'll wrap the unicorns?

Date: 04/26/17 17:24
Author: Bob3985

Thanks for posting these photos. I wasn't aware that the CTA had done this and it is awesome. I will have to share these with some of my Chicago friends out here in Wyoming. Hmm, UP3985 in Cubs dress rolling down the railroad. Perhaps a good model railroad project, haha!

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 04/26/17 19:24

You're welcome Bob. Glad you appreciate our "L". Do you remember my pictures from several trips between Cheyenne and Laramie and your Challenger trip to Chicago, MP Joint Yard.
David Harrison

Date: 04/26/17 23:42
Author: mp51w

Great Chicago composition shot with the Brownstone, Greystone, and Wrigley lights in the background!

Date: 04/27/17 09:11

Another skyline shot.
DH

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0431 seconds