Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Passenger Trains > Day 1 of Proamtrak's Cross country trip!

Date: 05/24/17 19:45
Day 1 of Proamtrak's Cross country trip!
Author: ProAmtrak

Well guys so far so good even though the train lost time no thanks to the outbound ABQ having to wait forever for their orders and slow orders over the old route, anyway only bad part on that is a coach attendant didn't open the last car door when the train stopped at Raton, she claimed the lady she boarded wasn't supposed to be on the last car, but the other thing which I know was a violation was during day runs, all cars should open, especially if the train's running close to on time! other than that I forgot my digital upload device so no pics until I get a new one, hopefully that can be either Chicago or when I get to DC Friday, more updates tomorrow!

Date: 05/24/17 22:22
Re: Day 1 of Proamtrak's Cross country trip!
Author: DevalDragon

Glad to see you're up to date on Amtrak's policy on opening car doors. Keep up the good work!

Date: 05/24/17 22:27
Author: mundo

Explain this policy please.

Date: 05/25/17 05:20
Author: DavidP

Do any trains have more than one coach attendant these days? Maybe the Builder or Lake Shore with their high number of coaches and split destinations?

Dave

Date: 05/25/17 05:41
Author: bretton88

Seems right, whenever I get on at rural stops, amtrak usually only opens one door. It makes it quicker for boarding and easier for them.

Date: 05/25/17 09:25

They still should keep track on the passengers who get off at certain stops and where they put them!

Posted from Android

Date: 05/25/17 11:52
Author: bluesboyst

Hi Dan,
So is the trackwork better on the Raton Line now?

Date: 05/25/17 19:50

Yeah, can't say that on the NS ex Conrail line out of Chicago!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds