Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Passenger Trains > DC AMTK trains "bump" in yard.

Date: 05/25/17 08:02
DC AMTK trains "bump" in yard.
Author: elu34ch

Date: 05/25/17 09:29
Re: DC AMTK trains "bump" in yard.
Author: sums007

Why is this news?

Date: 05/25/17 12:09
Author: Out_Of_Service

sums007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is this news?

because normal operation isn't to have 2 power units come in contact with each other and have someone get injured as a result of the collision ... so being that it's out of the ordinary IT'S NEEEEWWSSS !!!

Date: 05/25/17 13:33
Author: sums007

My fault. I didn't read the article title about the injury.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/17 13:40 by sums007.

Date: 05/25/17 15:24
Author: toledopatch

If EMS is dispatched and a news organization hears it happen, it's potentially news.

Date: 05/25/17 19:38
Author: GenePoon

Employees are not supposed to be injured on the job.

That was supposedly why Joe Boardman implemented Safe-2-Safer, under which injuries increased.

Date: 05/25/17 20:40
Author: wa4umr

It's a shame there isn't more information in the article. Trains bump in San Antonio, Spokane, and other stations when trains are coupled and two trains become one. A passenger could be reaching for something in the luggage rack and loose his balance when they couple. He might be bruised or maybe break a finger. We just don't know what the injuries are.

That being said, it looks like two locomotives bumped and without knowing what was going on, they either had a hard couple or someone did something wrong. The article just didn't say much in my opinion.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds