Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Passenger Trains > Cincinnati Union Terminal

Date: 07/18/17 19:47
Cincinnati Union Terminal
Author: cutboy2

Finally happening.  Amtrak to  move to  temp facilities  July   30/31.  last  eastbound  7/30.  You get it. Union terminal restoration seems  to  be  on  time and  budget. Amtrak  should  move back  October  2018. Parking  may be POOR  at new  facility.  1  block  north of Union Terminal on Kenner  Street.

Date: 07/18/17 19:57
Re: Cincinnati Union Terminal
Author: P

My family is leaving on 8/2 for DC and we plan to leave our car at the Union Terminal parking lot like we usually do. I hope we will still be able to do so.

It's kind of hard to get a ride at 3am.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/19/17 07:20
Author: grether

The Brent Spence Bridge repair project required that the station restoration contractors delay their closure of the Dalton Street tunnel work under the station, so my guess is that the Dalton tunnel will close a week or so after Cincinnati Union Trailer will open. This means the new facility will only be accessible from the north.

It would be interesting to know if the restoration of the stairs from the concourse parking to Dalton will be restored and reopened, or if the plan is to leave them fenced off. If they are reopened you could still park on the upper level and go down the north stairs to Cincinnati Union Trailer.

Date: 07/19/17 08:50
Author: tq-07fan

Cincinnati Union Trailer... LOL!!!

Jim

Date: 07/19/17 11:34
Author: bluesboyst

Glad to see the station will get refurbished.....hopefully not too much of an inconvenience for Amtrak customers

Date: 07/19/17 18:30
Author: wa4umr

I hope they maintain the wood inlay on the walls. It's old and out of date but it's a work of art. A little bit of cleaning it up and better lighting would improve it. I hate to see stuff like that get destroyed in the name of modernization. The entire station is almost like an art museum. There's something to see just about anywhere you look.

I don't have any photos of it but I found this on another website. I've not seen it but I understand there is a leather artwork in the ladies room.

John

Date: 07/20/17 07:40
Author: dbrcnw

cutboy2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Finally happening.  Amtrak to  move to  temp
> facilities  July   30/31.  last  eastbound
>  7/30.  You get it. Union terminal restoration
> seems  to  be  on  time and  budget. Amtrak
>  should  move back  October  2018. Parking
>  may be POOR  at new  facility.  1  block
>  north of Union Terminal on Kenner  Street.

Refresh my memory, what is the timetable for the construction work to end at CUT?

Thanks.

DaleR

Date: 07/23/17 17:46
Author: grether

I believe it is all scheduled to be completed by the end of 2018.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds