Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Passenger Trains > Yes, Amtrak psgrs need continual toilet training

Date: 07/21/17 04:19
Yes, Amtrak psgrs need continual toilet training
Author: joemvcnj

On 49 nearly an hour late out of Toledo, most time lost crawling from Sandusky.

Handicap bathroom had to be shut last night by Albany. Some jackass threw paper towels into it, and they were also on the floor.

Very professional coach attendant then had to announce what not to do, or they risk losing the other bathroom. Well, it remained in perfect condition all night. Also has to say do not let children in there alone. One child almost lost a couple of fingers last week. Perhaps put her hands in the bowl mechanism.

Excellent diner crew I must say. Pricey breakfast though and no scrambled eggs.

Posted from Android

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/17 04:24 by joemvcnj.

Date: 07/21/17 07:48
Re: Yes, Amtrak psgrs need continual toilet training
Author: bioyans

That's why I don't mind the toilets in the Viewliner roomettes. I am very careful and clean up after myself. No having to trudge through the car in the middle of the night, only to find out some slob trashed the common restroom.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/21/17 08:01
Author: drgwmp344

bioyans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's why I don't mind the toilets in the
> Viewliner roomettes. I am very careful and clean
> up after myself. No having to trudge through the
> car in the middle of the night, only to find out
> some slob trashed the common restroom.
>
> Posted from Android

That is the plus side. But I've often wondered how many days (weeks?) it has been since the carpet in the roomette was last cleaned. (Thinking of the missed shots at the toilet and splashes, etc.) It is also a little bit uncomfortable using the toilet if you have a travel companion while they are laying in the lower bunk.

Date: 07/21/17 13:07
Author: MojaveBill

My Dad ran a couple of Shell service stations in Mojave in the '40s and '50s. Keeping the bogs clean was a constant challenge. Some of the worst messes were done by folks in the most expensive cars.
I just visited a favorite restaurant in Lancaster and had to ask for a key to pee. Owner said it had finally come to that, and in a nice place in the better part of town.

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 07/21/17 19:01
Author: africansteam

One wonders why someone would mess up a restroom when they might have to use it again. One of my pet peeves is the person who does not flush the toilet after use. I often wonder if they are reliving their early grade school years and the "Show and Tell" hour.

Cheers,
Jack

Date: 07/21/17 19:09
Author: GenePoon

A friend of mine...a now-retired Amtrak MofW supervisor...tells of a day when he and his crew were
working out of the Metuchen NJ station. It serves no Amtrak trains but the track workers had
their office there. A very nicely-dressed, attractive woman asked if she could use their restroom.
They let her do so, and checked it after her NJ Transit train had departed. She had left it a
mess, paper towels and toilet paper strewn about and solid waste wiped on the toilet seat.

You never know...

Date: 07/21/17 19:43

As though to say "When I'm not home, I don't have to clean".

Posted from Android

Date: 07/21/17 22:56
Author: wa4umr

Gentlemen, please step up close and watch your aim. Ladies, please remain seated throughout the entire performance.

I guess the problem with that is that some animals can't read. We had a few Boy Scouts that trashed one of the latrines at summer camp a few years ago. They got to clean it up the next morning.

On the Empire Builder several years ago we lost use of the toilets in two coaches. They had someone meet us at one of the fresh air stops and they got them working in about 30 minutes. We also had a coach attendant that cleaned them several time during the trip.

John

Date: 07/22/17 05:33
Author: Auburn_Ed

Exactly the reason that some crews on long-haul flights (I flew SFO-SYD) locked off one of the 'blue-rooms' in the back for themselves (totally unauthorized). You CANNOT IMAGINE how bad an aircraft lav can get on a 12-14 hour flight. Have these people never used a restroom before? (Well, actually, some haven't.)

Ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/17 16:39 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 07/22/17 10:03

Maybe some people like leaving their "calling card" like a dog, though we did not transcend from wolves.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/23/17 23:17
Author: casco17

sort-of OT, but not really....I've seen this lack of courtesy in "professional office" restrooms too, where someone was clearly careless/malicious and messed up a toilet. Could be a passive-aggressive behavior...back to trains: I guess this means 'go early' before the restroom becomes dirty?

Date: 07/24/17 05:07
Author: Lackawanna484

casco17 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sort-of OT, but not really....I've seen this lack
> of courtesy in "professional office" restrooms
> too, where someone was clearly careless/malicious
> and messed up a toilet. Could be a
> passive-aggressive behavior...back to trains: I
> guess this means 'go early' before the restroom
> becomes dirty?

Often good advice, although a tad difficult on a 17 hour flight.

A related piece of good advice is to skip the rest room nearest your arrival gate. The next one is likely not to have a line...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds