Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Passenger Trains > private cars on the move.....

Date: 07/25/17 00:06
private cars on the move.....
Author: aronco

Amtrak's Coast Starlight, train 14, from LA July 28, Friday morning will have three private cars destined Portland: Pacific Sands, Silver Splendor, and TIOGA PASS. These three cars will move from Portland to Whitefieh, Montana, on train 28/8 Monday afternoon July 31. The cars will be parked for occupancy at Whitefish until they move to Seattle on Wednesday night, August 2. These hardy travelers will leave Seattle Augsut 5th on a triumphant return voyage to Los Angeles on train 11.

Please wave if you see us enroute. Pictures enroute are always appreciated.

Norm
LA Rail

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 07/25/17 15:34
Re: private cars on the move.....
Author: roustabout

I've seen the Tioga Pass and many others go zooming through Shedd but don't always get trackside in time to wave. The intent is there but Amtrak's 79 mph catches me by surprise sometimes, even with the couple Amtrak hoggers who whistle before they get here. I live on the east side of the tracks, off Railroad Avenue, so you know where to look.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/17 15:35 by roustabout.

Date: 07/25/17 15:51
Author: bbethmann

I will stay up to see you pass around 11:30pm(?) ..... hope Doug is awake then also..... and will wave (house sits above low line close to Empire siding)

Bill in Spokane

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/25/17 21:54
Author: misty1

Norman ifr I read your post right you will be arriving in Whitefish on the morning of the 1st and leaving on # 7 in the evening of the 2nd. I will have to try to get some pics and wave while you are in Whitefish.

Ed

Date: 07/25/17 23:02
Author: ln844south

When you come through Chiloquin north of Klamath Falls, Or will look for you unless late. Have to go help haul the "kids" at the 1/8th scale Klamath and Western Railroad near Train Mountain.
East side of the track just north of the DD at 457.8. Large US Flag on property.
Still want to get a ride with Norman later this fall when he goes north on 14 out of Klamath Falls.

Steve Panzik
Retired CSX Engineer
Chiloquin, Or

Date: 07/25/17 23:12
Author: mwarfel

Hope to see you in Seattle, Norm. You are arriving during the annual Seafair celebration, just in time to see the Blue Angels practice early Thursday afternoon. Safe trip to MT.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds