Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Passenger Trains > Charger #4613 to debut in Hiawatha service?

Date: 07/27/17 09:38
Charger #4613 to debut in Hiawatha service?
Author: twropr

Can you guys in Chicago be on the lookout for this event and let us know if and when it happens?
Thanks!
Andy
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 07/27/17 13:57
Re: Charger #4613 to debut in Hiawatha service?
Author: amanwtf

It's gonna happen either tonight or tomorrow morning and I'm not from Chicago. I know the first morning train to Milwaukee will have a Charger trailing a P42 leader.

Date: 07/27/17 16:09
Re: Charger #4613 to debut in Hiawatha service?
Author: KM-ML4000

There was one lined up to go out this morning. Not sure which number though.

Date: 07/27/17 17:51
Re: Chargers to debut
Author: timz

Are they running anywhere as sole power
on revenue trains?

Date: 07/27/17 18:53
Author: joemvcnj

I didn't know Wisconsin was part of this meeting Midwest consortium for new equipment. Since these trains are subsidized by both Illinois and Wisconsin, are they limited to reequipping to just 1 of the 2 trainsets, assuming Wisconsin is not a new equipment participant ?

Posted from Android

Date: 07/27/17 23:35
Author: SN711

The California Chargers are still not in solo service, pending the installation of forward facing cameras, or so it has been reported. May be the same for all of the Chargers. Maybe if they used Amazon, the cameras would have arrived already.

Gary

Date: 07/28/17 06:26
Author: metra6924

I saw 4613 headed for Milwaukee around 3:15 Thursday afternoon. Photo taken just west of Clinton Street (north end of Union Station).

Date: 07/28/17 08:06
Author: jst3751

SN711 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The California Chargers are still not in solo
> service, pending the installation of forward
> facing cameras, or so it has been reported. May be
> the same for all of the Chargers. Maybe if they
> used Amazon, the cameras would have arrived
> already.
>
> Gary

You have to wonder, does any part of the Federal Government even know how to shop at Home Depot, Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Sam's Club, etc?

Date: 07/29/17 08:04
Author: kevink

I don't remember any other locomotive taking so long to be placed in service after delivery. I know that other locomotives have experienced their share of teething problems but I'm not sure the SC-44s have been on the railroad long enough to develop teething problems.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0435 seconds