Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > Capitol Ltd, 9-22. What happened on Sand Patch?

Date: 09/23/17 20:09
Capitol Ltd, 9-22. What happened on Sand Patch?
Author: jdw3460

I just noticed that Train 30 (22) departed Connellsville, PA about 6 minutes late and passed the Hyndman cam about 3.5 hours late, arriving in Cumberland 3.5 hours late. It apparently took a beating somewhere on Sand Patch. Anyone hear anything?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/17 20:43 by jdw3460.

Date: 09/23/17 22:25
Re: Capitol Ltd, 9-22. What happened on Sand Patch?
Author: spike5343

Accident with fatality BF 212.3 Keystone rd.

Date: 09/25/17 14:25
Author: PennPlat

No camera at Hyndman (25)

Date: 09/25/17 20:22
Author: MrTransportation

An unidentified person was killed Saturday morning in an accident near Meyersdale, Somerset County Coroner Wallace Miller said.
The accident occurred about at 6:45 a.m. on Glade City Road at the Keystone railroad crossing, according to Somerset County 911.
Miller said the vehicle went off the road and ran into a train before catching fire on the railroad tracks.The coroner’s office and state police were still investigating. Quoting from http://www.tribdem.com/news/accident-claims-life-in-meyersdale-area/article_7e377cc6-a0dc-11e7-8f0a-178c61e0a093.html

When I was driving towards Meyersdale on parallel road I heard and saw the train that the car hit into at Glade City Road crossing. When I was in middle of Meyersdale I heard fire siren going off for the Meyersdale fire department to response to the fire. Then while driving on Glade City Road volunteer firefights heading towards the fire passed by my car while I was heading towards Sand Patch Tunnel on Deal Road and which I was able to see the fire, but did not take any photos of the fire and I had to turn around to by pass accident scene by 25 miles. Also at that time of morning it was kinda of dark still and very foggy in spots while driving.
I know my heart goes out to the family that lost family member like that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/17 20:26 by MrTransportation.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0523 seconds